SAIC has an opportunity in Chantilly, VA for a Mission Protection System Engineer to work on an exciting, fast-paced program supporting mission operations. This position provides Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) services to customer’s efforts via CONOPs and requirements development, mission integration, launch and initialization, flight operations, and protection of mission systems.
- Perform technical analyses of mission systems and related protection activities; document and present findings and recommendations
- Provide subject matter expertise on satellite (bus and payload) development lifecycle, constellation-integration, transition to operations
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design and technologies
- Analyze concepts of operations, user requirements and high-level systems architectures to develop system requirements
- Collaborate with the government, SETA team members, development contractors and FFRDC to address customer priorities
- Effectively communicate and interface with engineers from various contractors and government organizations
- Prepare and present briefings/presentations to customer(s) on technical topics
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelors Degree in STEM or relevant field and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters degree and seven (7) years or more experience
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance with CI Poly required to start and must be maintained
- Knowledge of satellite operations and satellite components (bus and payload) and associated ground systems as well as related mission protection topics
- Experience in operational readiness, rehearsals and system testing
- Program lifecycle experience from concept development and design to deployment and operational maintenance
- Experience with requirements development, interface control documentation, technical specification review, architecture and CONOPS development
- Experience in mission operations environment -ops tempo, performance characterization, utility analysis and system calibrations
- Expert at defining solutions for broad, abstract topics succinctly capturing issues for the customer-providing analysis and recommendations
- Self starter, able to anticipate and proactively address customer requirements without supervision
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks and deliverables
- Polished communicator (written/verbal) with impeccable interpersonal skills and personal judgement -able to readily generate consensus or path-forward on/for challenging topics
- Master at collaboration and coordination with multiple stakeholders -- consensus builder
- Excellent data management skills and use of appropriate tools such MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Outlook, MS Project)
- Real-time operations experience as a spacecraft or ground systems operator
- Familiar with MBSE/Digital Engineering and associated tools, AGILE development, cloud technologies
- Experienced with Jira, Confluence
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.