Under the direction of the director facilities and Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) organization, this corporate position shares responsibility for the development, maintenance, and implementation of SAIC’s EH&S program throughout the enterprise.
**Only candidates local to Reston, VA, Charleston, SC, and Bedford, IN, will have remote/work from home options.**
Principal responsibilities and elements of the position include the following:
- Anticipate, recognize, evaluate, and control EH&S related hazards
- Identify, develop, and implement solutions to mitigate risk, ensure legal compliance, and meet contract requirements or enterprise level strategic objectives
- Ability to work in a self-initiated and highly independent fashion as part of a small geographically separated corporate functional EH&S team
- Lead the corporate EH&S engineer team in the development and execution of work plans, while ensuring adequate cross training and continuity of coverage for critical functions
- Support the establishment, maintenance, and implementation of enterprise-wide strategic sustainability goals and objectives
- Identify needs, propose solutions, and work collaboratively with other corporate functional and/or line organization personnel at all levels to ensure EH&S risks are identified and properly mitigated, including those of high risk programs irrespective of place of performance
- Ensure all corporate EH&S program, supporting tools, and related records are well organized and maintained
- Lead all compliance and enforcement interactions with government and regulatory agencies
- Oversee creation and maintenance of EH&S related metrics and periodic reporting
- Lead development and execution of EH&S promotional campaigns to support employee safety and well-being, for educational or program awareness, and/or in support of various aligned initiatives (e.g., ISO 14001, environmental sustainability, etc.)
- Represent the corporate EH&S function as a subject matter expert on various corporate functional teams and working groups (e.g., Special Projects Committee, Compliance Working Group, etc.)
- Ability to track and analyze current, pending, or developing laws and regulations to identify potential impacts or concerns and to effectively summarize and communicate same
- Interact with all levels of program and senior management, technical personnel, internal and external customers, and various external regulatory agency personnel to arrive at, define, and socialize consensus supported best value solutions to address strategic objectives and/or discrete regulatory compliance challenges or alleged violations.
- Provide direct advisory and programmatic support to assigned enterprise owned/leased locations
- Ability to travel (US domestic) up to 25% of time
REQUIRED EDUCATION :
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, industrial hygiene, environmental engineering, or related discipline and 14 years of more of related experience; or Master’s degree in safety, industrial hygiene, environmental engineering, or related discipline and 12 or more years of related experience
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be a US Citizen
- 12 or more years of demonstrated professional experience in implementing comprehensive EH&S programs and management systems within diverse operating environments
- CHMM, and CSP or CIH professional certification
- Advanced knowledge in a broad range of EH&S technical areas (e.g., hazard analysis, risk identification and control, facility inspections, compliance auditing, hazardous materials and waste, offering hazardous material/dangerous goods shipments into commerce, incident investigation, injury and illness recordkeeping and reporting, respiratory protection, fall protection, tool and machinery safety, equipment de-energization, ATF firearms permitting/explosives licensing, exposure monitoring, emergency planning and response, business continuity, environmental registration and permitting (air, wastewater, etc.), motor carrier operations, training, lasers, etc.) as evidenced by prior training and experience, or professional certifications
- Proficient with technology including Microsoft office suite (M365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams)
- Solutions oriented with strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.