Job ID: 2302407
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 15, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Systems Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking an experienced, results-oriented Project Integrator and seasoned Scrum Master to support high visibility data engineering environment. The candidate will contribute to and coordinate efforts supporting the customer’s strategic direction, daily operations, and Agile framework. This is an exciting, high visibility program made up of multi-disciplinary engineers and software developers who apply an innovative approach to data ingest and transformation workflow. We are looking for a seasoned individual to support the customer’s mission and transformation objectives. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding executing IT systems, supporting delivery utilizing a SAFe Agile framework, and be a self-starter.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Facilitation of technical discussions, decision making, impediment resolution and conflict resolution
· Ensure transparency from Product Owner to Scrum team by facilitating internal and external communication
· Perform continual assessment of the maturity of the Scrum team and provide coaching and insight in support of greater maturity
· Commitment to continuous process improvement including active facilitation of reviews and retrospectives and incorporation of lessons learned for future Sprints
· Schedule and facilitate Scrum ceremonies (stand up, poker, planning, demo, retrospective, etc)
· Remove impediments to the development team’s progress
· Work with the Product Owner to refine and prioritize the backlog
· Responsible for planning of Sprints based on backlog priority and development team velocity
· Assist in gathering requirements and creation of user stories
· Ability to create team dashboards and other reports documenting work completed each Sprint
· Helping to establish the definition of done (Acceptance Criteria) for user stories
· Support release planning activities to include coordination with the customer’s Change Management board
· Engage stakeholders, contributors, and technical resources to assess requirements, risks, and issues
· Communicate committed stories for the upcoming Sprint to Product Owner and stakeholders
· Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burndown, burnup).
· Other similar professional duties such as incident and change management reporting, release planning activities, and coordination with customer’s Change Management Board
· Active TS/SCI with polygraph
· Bachelors and 14 years or more experience; Masters and 12 years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
· Additional equivalent work experience can be substituted for a degree
· Certification: PMP or CSM
· Prior experience as a Scrum Master to drive Agile practices and execution for a set of Scrum/Kanban teams
· Working knowledge of SAFe, Jira, and Confluence
· Working knowledge of Enterprise IT Service Management tools such as ServiceNow
· Positive attitude, self-motivation, curious creativity, personal desire
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.