Join SAIC’s OneSETA Team to provide our government customer with Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance (SETA) support. SETA services range from providing administrative assistance to providing expert technical assistance on national efforts that will contribute to maintaining and expanding the capabilities of homeland security.
The technical support Senior Industrial Control Systems Program Analyst sees the program activities and delivers solutions against customer-identified requirements. The Senior Program/Portfolio Analyst will support program with focus on Research, Development, Test and Evaluation (RDT&E) and a broad range of Homeland Security topic areas on the full spectrum of technology solutions. Projects managed are supported by matrixed staff from throughout the other DHS S&T offices, who often serve multiple customers in multiple Divisions. Contract support personnel need to have relevant experience and competency from operating in support of or in coordination with DHS mission partners, or have demonstrated proficiency providing program management and analytical support.
The Senior Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Program Analyst will support ICS security which is a growing concern throughout the Nation. ICS are at the heart of most critical infrastructure, enabling the control and management functions of as critical infrastructure such as factories, power plants, water systems, ports, and other industrial facilities. These systems are vulnerable to cyberattacks, as demonstrated by recent real-world events. Although there are existing efforts underway to increase ICS security through traditional routes such as patching, protocol monitoring, intrusion detection, and applying cybersecurity principles, the need to research new and advanced methods and methodologies is critical to helping achieve additional security in this space. In addition, as the global Internet of Things (IoT) market continues to grow, the number of internet-connected devices is forecasted to triple to more than 45 billion devices by 2030, enabling new applications in sectors as diverse as smart cities, smart homes, connected cars, e-health, etc. As adoption of these devices increases, the threat surface poised to the Nation’s critical infrastructure and key resources and their ICS / Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems will expand dramatically. Proactive research is needed to inform best practices and standards on how to securely integrate these new edge devices into legacy ICS systems while minimizing the risk of additional attack surfaces.
In coordination with DHS federal staff, the Senior Industrial Control Systems Program Analyst performs the following tasks:
- Assist the PM in the execution of programs within the RDT&E process encompassing: technology foraging and scouting; research and development; test and evaluation; systems & operational analysis and engineering; operational testing and integration; information management; technology transfer, transition and commercialization; and risk management and mitigation.
- Assist with defining requirements; provides input to project scope, schedule and budget based on an understanding of the program lifecycle. Assist in maintaining changes to project baselines; monitors deliverables; assess documents, plans and applications; conducts quality reviews of projects and tasks. Prepares presentations and other materials to support project functions. Leads activities to identify project risks and assist in the development of mitigation plans. Drafts correspondence, reports, white papers, minutes, spreadsheets, communications products, briefs, and other documentation. Maintains and tracks action items, and participates in meetings. Will be required to support the development of procurement requests to include having and applying practical knowledge of the acquisition process as outlined in the Federal Acquisition Regulation in order to formulate various acquisition approaches. Assist in drafting various documents supporting a procurement. Will be relied upon to provided technical and procurement guidance to junior contractor staff on the team.
- Monitor project development performance and review deliverables to ensure technical, programmatic and financial goals and objectives are met and identify possible program risks.
- Facilitate resolution of customer requirements, including helping to identify and document capability gaps, formulate and develop technological solutions, and participate in and contribute to strategic discussions.
- Maintain and monitor program budgets and monitor performers to ensure fiscal commitments, obligations, and expenditures are appropriate. This includes assisting in maintaining monthly reporting information from performers, budget execution plans, and electronic and paper contract administration documentation.
- Prepare and review presentations, reports, project schedules and weekly status inputs. Assist in maintaining and updating PM Notebooks, internal documents and correspondence, and assist in responding to program-aligned data calls.
- Attend meetings, workshops, conferences, and program reviews at the direction of the program or project manager to assist with meeting minutes or other administrative-related duties.
- Support technical and programmatic meetings, including preparing agendas, presentation materials, meeting minutes, and Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&Ms).
- Provide data collection and analyses of user requirements and of existing and emerging systems, capabilities, and technologies.
- Provide support in the identification, assessment, evaluation, and testing of existing and emerging technologies, systems, and capabilities, including: coordination with related government, academic, and industry programs; attending meetings and symposia; coordinating meetings and programs reviews; and supporting program advocacy including development and production of presentation mater
- Support the development and production of architectures, organizational charts, and operations plans and procedures, to include program SOPs.
- Assist with planning technology transition to the respective operational Task Order Manager (TOM).
- Assist with program RDT&E support contract procurements and their required artifacts. This includes supporting the development of solicitation material, administration of source selection reviews, consolidating reviewer input and scoring, and assessing technical solutions.
- Respond to technology and mission changes to provide increased capability for DHS mission accomplishment through systems analysis, engineering, design, installation and evaluation support.
- Review program logistics and/or training requirements, assess training and/or maintenance support requirements, provide recommendations for improvements, and conduct training support specially tailored to system users, supervisors, and technicians.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
- BA/BS + 10 years of relevant or Master’s + 8 years of relevant experience.
- Must have at minimum, an active Secret clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Relevant experience and competency from operating in support of or in coordination with DHS mission partners, or demonstrated proficiency providing program management and analytical support to programs and projects serving CISRR.
- Program/Portfolio Analyst in support of this task shall have experience with Industrial Control Systems
- Experience in a Systems Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) environment.
- Travel may be required.
- Current or Prior DHS fitness (suitability) authorization determination.
- Current or Prior DHS experience including any DHS components or HQ Directorates, especially DHS S&T.
- Detailed knowledge of and recent demonstrated experience working with appropriate offices and staff within the Homeland Security Enterprise, DHS, other Federal Agencies, Congress, foreign partners, industry groups, and private sector stakeholder entities on issues relating to the DHS mission space.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.