SAIC is actively seeking a Modeling and Simulation Systems Engineer to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO! In this role you will get to provide systems engineering expertise and support to enhance the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Modeling and Simulation (M&S) enterprise. *This position is Hybrid Remote and will require 1-2 days on-site*
Daily responsibilities Include:
- Provide technical assistance to the Director of M&S Enterprise Engineering (M&S EE), who is responsible for chairing design reviews, establishing architecture and design standards, managing
- Enterprise Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), and synchronizing M&S across the Agency.
- This position performs engineering duties to elicit stakeholder requirements and mission needs, define functional requirements, draft, and review technical documents, serve as executive agent for technical reviews, facilitate M&S and digital engineering transformation initiatives, and represent M&S EE in agency tiger teams and working groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field and 14+ years of relevant experience; Master’s degree in a STEM field and 12+ years of relevant experience
- Active Secret Clearance
- Demonstrated understanding of systems engineering, software engineering, hardware/software integration, and data engineering disciplines across the system lifecycle (i.e. requirements, design, development, test, and deployment
- Experience with analysis, test, and systems engineering for one or more elements (subsystems) of the MDS (i.e. Aegis, THAAD, Patriot, IBCS, GMD, Sensors, or C2).
- Experience gathering and specifying system requirements through internal and external stakeholder coordination and collaboration
- Exposure to requirements, architecture, and descriptive modeling tools such as IBM tools suites (i.e., DOORS NG, Rhapsody, Engineering Workflow Management)
- Ability to think critically (i.e. research, understand, analyze, synthesize, and critique), creating solutions to new and one-of-a-kind program challenges and issues as they arise
- Ability to lead and create a positive, collaborative working relationship with representatives and stakeholders from functionally and geographically dispersed internal and external organizations
- Clearly communicates complex ideas; produces and presents clear, well-organized presentations, in relevant terms for audiences at all levels
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office products to communicate technical and programmatic information
- Experience with requirements, design, development, integration, validation, test, or operations of M&S used in test and evaluation or performance assessment of complex weapons systems or system of systems.
- Experience working in or with the Missile Defense Agency and understanding of its organizational structure and mission
- Experience performing trade studies, technology refresh and insertion planning and maturity assessments
- Experience writing, presenting, and coordinating product and engineering plans, policies, and procedures
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.