SAIC has an opportunity for a Space Systems Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) services focused on protection of space systems. Top Secret/SCI clearance with polygraph is required. Targeted compensation is $125,000.00 to $135,000.00
The successful candidate will:
- Directly contribute to government’s mission success through comprehensive analysis, thought leadership and proactive action
- Apply relevant space operations experience to conduct threat assessments and develop courses of actions; examine and develop tactics, techniques, and procedures to support operational objectives
- Assess space protection doctrine, strategies, and plans; provide vetted analysis and recommendations to improve space protection architectures and capabilities
- Assess mission and contribute to protection doctrine, strategies, plans, architectures, and associated requirements
- Monitor and evaluate war games and exercises (participate if requested); capture and assess lessons learned for best practice implementation to further improve space protection efforts
- Oversee integration of space protection functions and capabilities of delivered systems; provide analysis of schedules, capabilities delivered meet near and long-term operational needs
- Review documentation, represent government as required in forums that support streamlined delivery of new capabilities and standardization of integration efforts
- US Citizenship
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or relevant field, and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters in STEM or relevant field, and seven (7) years or more experience
- Thorough knowledge of orbital analysis; readily articulates pros/cons of orbital changes
- Knowledge of satellite constellations, spacecraft orbit, and ground station characteristics
- In-depth knowledge of space vehicle components; Satellite Control Network and related terrestrial space control systems
- Expert at defining solutions for broad, abstract topics; succinctly captures issues for the customer and provides analysis and recommendations
- Successful record of project management experience with delivered systems
- Ability to work independently and with a team, operate effectively with contractor, SETA, FFRDC, and Government teammates
- Self-starter, anticipates and proactively addresses customer requirements with no supervision; ability to manage multiple tasks and deliverables
- Polished communicator (written/verbal) with impeccable interpersonal skills and personal judgment
- Master at collaboration and coordination with multiple stakeholders -- consensus builder
- Proficient with MS Office, MS Project
- Real-time operations experience as a spacecraft or ground systems operator
- Familiar with MBSE/Digital Engineering, AGILE development, cloud technologies
- Experience with Jira, Confluence
Target salary range: $125,001 - $135,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.