SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Service Desk Agent L1 to join our team and begin an exciting and challenging career with Air Force EITaas EUS. This position is located in Augusta, GA.
- Assists in the setup, operation and monitoring of the control console of a mainframe or minicomputer for the processing of data and preparation of business/scientific reports, studies, and analysis under direct supervision of engineer or senior operator.
- Follows established procedures performs the more routine and standard operations such as loading input and output materials including tapes, cards, discs, forms, etc.
- Starts and monitors standard runs where documentation is readily available; observes control panels for malfunctions, errors or operator messages and responds accordingly
- Refers complex problems to more experienced operators or others
- Performs routine and repetitive tasks associated with data center production control activities
- Changes or adds PCs in racks and connecting cables
- Monitors and documents notifications and alarms detected in systems and following procedures to correct or escalate for action
- Interfaces with customers or with suppliers via phone and/or email to request or deliver status information on data status or on equipment status according to procedures
- Supports operation of outdoor equipment used by data center (e.g., communication satellite equipment)
- Refers customer or potential customer inquiries to designated personnel in timely manner according to procedures
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- AA Degree in related discipline or high school diploma and two years' related experience with certificate
- Requires basic knowledge of data processing fundamentals and equipment operation as normally acquired from completion of basic equipment training course/program
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Ability to work shift work
- Knowledge of PC use, data entry, and executing written procedures or directions on computers interfaces, and connecting cables to IT devices
- Understanding of computers, problem ticketing, written procedures, and problem escalation
- Experience in delivering high caliber soft skills including interpersonal skills (e.g. courtesy, patience, and professionalism), customer service, and initiative
- Must be US citizen. Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance required, active Secret clearance preferred
- Active IAT Level II certification preferred (candidates without active certification may still be considered but must obtain certification within 90 days of hire date)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.