Job ID: 2301783
Location: ASHBURN, VA, United States
Date Posted: Jun 27, 2023
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is currently seeking a React UI Developer to join our team. This position will work closely with the Lead Architect and other developers participating in the system architecture design, systems engineering, development, integration testing and validation, and all aspects of the software life-cycle (requirements to design to implementation to test) for a browser based application implemented using React interfacing with backend microservice APIs. The candidate will be responsible for developing code as dictated by project requirement.
· Design, develop, unit test UI interfaces using React
· Use Integrated Development Environment Tools such as Visual Studio Code
· Work with users in an Agile development approach to understand requirements, then elicit feedback and refine solution through demonstrations
· Provide application support during testing and production phase and work with the lead to deploy code fixes as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
· BS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering and 9+ years of software development experience including designing, development, and documenting UI code developed a part of a large-scale software system.
· Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust which requires U.S. Citizenship
· Demonstrated 3+ years experience with React development
· Expertise with:
o MVC/MVVM design patterns,
o CSS, SCSS
o Jest, Enzyme, React Testing library
· Strong understanding of browser based debug tools (eg., chrome devtools)
· Experience utilizing various debugging tools and methodologies for debugging UI and components
· Strong working experience interfacing with complex backend APIs
· Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively to develop innovative solutions to software problems
Desired Skills and Experience
· Developing unit tests
· Agile development approach
· Strong initiative: must be able to take a high-level requirement, ask questions/seek clarifications, and get the job done
· Superior written and oral communication skills are essential
· Must work well in a team environment as well as independently
· Excellent verbal/written communication and problem solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 24,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.9 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.