SAIC is currently seeking a Exercise Simulation Planner to support the Pacific Warfighting Center (PWC) located on Ford Island in Oahu, Hawaii.
The successful candidate provides subject matter expertise and operational support to joint simulations, scenarios, database management, user training, exercise design, issue coordination/resolution, event tests development, and event execution for exercises in the INDOPACOM Joint Exercise Program (JEP).
- Coordinates across operational planners and working groups to facilitate and document the requirements for the simulation
- Translates operational needs/requirements to simulation tools/capabilities
- Supports simulation architecture design and planning, build, manage, and validate simulation database
- Coordinates scenario and opposing forces information and products
- Build agendas and associated products in support of J73 and the PMTEC program.
- Provides Joint Simulation solution demonstrations and user training sessions, as required, during events and other activities, planning sessions, and meetings.
- Builds event plans and products and works well with others to accomplish exercise or wargaming objectives.
- Forms working groups and teams during event support (planning and execution)
- Facilitates stakeholder cross-walks, joint simulation requirements and provides insight and updates to leadership to drive solutions, timelines, and project/event success.
- Builds Test Plans, Training Plans, SOPs, scenario/OPFOR plans, floor plans, databases, establishes timelines and milestones for database development and validation and produces other training materials, presentations, and documents as required/assigned. · Support exercises as a model senior controller, simulation controller, simulation operator, and/or simulation database manager within the Exercise Control Group Operations.
- Support exercises as OPFOR Commander and lead OPFOR and SITFOR.
- Assists with set-up and provides required database, terrain, maps, and other products for event support
- Performs functional and operational tests, validations, and documents joint simulation solutions/simulation operations/database during technical tests, EFT, EOT, and ECG Training to ensure proper operations at STARTEX
- Coordinates and establishes staffing schedules, ECG Training schedules, and products, MINIEX schedule and products, and leads/trains other simulation operators during events
- Regularly engages ECG Response Cells, ECG Leadership, and status on operations, identify issues, and resolve problems.
- This includes, but is not limited to, intel messaging, sustainment, IAMD/BMD, cyber, space, ATO processing, OPFOR, COP, and simulation operations.
- Provides lessons learned, sustains, improves, and other feedback during and following each event.
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD and four (4) years related experience; four (4) years of experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Joint Theater Level Simulation for Global Operations (JTLS-GO)
- Working knowledge of Exercise Control Groups (ECG)
- The ability to translate operational needs/requirements to simulation tools/capabilities
- The ability to generate formal documentation (Test Plans, training plans, SOPs, databases, scenario, etc.)
- Possess the capacity for abstract thought.
- Candidates must have an active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain an Top Secret/SCI clearance.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.