Job ID: 2301621
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Mar 16, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: IT Security Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Cyber Security Analyst to join our team supporting an important US government agency in the National Capital Region. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a team that supports the Pension Benefits Guaranty Corporation (PBGC), an independent agency of the United States Government. The team operates within the agency's Information Technology Infrastructure Operations Department (ITIOD). The role is a part of the Patch and Vulnerability Management Group (PVMG), the group which tracks vulnerabilities and coordinates their remediation. The successful candidate will be part of a team conducting device vulnerability scans and coordinating vulnerability remediation solutions in support of the PBGC ITIOD.
· Work as part of a team to execute daily device scanning operations.
· Conduct ad hoc device scans using Tenable.sc and Tenable Nessus.
· Develop and improve process and other documentation.
· Analyze device vulnerability data to determine issues with scanning, and take corrective action.
· Provide and manage reporting.
· Analyze data from a variety of sources.
· Provide status updates within the team, with other teams, and to the client.
· Execute daily, weekly, and monthly device scanning tasks to provide, manage, and report on device scanning activities.
· Interface with client, client's customer and operation teams.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelors in computer science or related technical discipline and eight (8) years or more experience; or Masters and six (6) years or more of experience. Ten (10) years of related experience in lieu of Degree.
· 2+ years' of experience performing device vulnerability scanning using Acunetix or similar industry tools.
· 2+ years' of experience with analyzing device vulnerabilities and in developing action plans for resolving them.
· 2+ years' of experience developing and documenting standard operations procedures and work instructions for device vulnerability scanning.
· Documented experience with Tenable.sc (formerly known as SecurityCenter) and Tenable Nessus. Candidate should be strongly familiar with device vulnerability scanning, identification and remediation using Tenable tools.
· Broad knowledge of current information technology systems, infrastructures, and technologies.
· Comfortable using Microsoft Windows and the Microsoft Office suite of tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
· Comfortable with routine Windows and Office tasks including file management, cut-and-paste, using command-line tools, and similar routine activities.
· Experience with ticketing systems such as ServiceNow or similar.
· Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with a large community of stakeholders.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and accurately in person and in writing.
· All candidates for consideration must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
· Experience with PowerShell or other scripting languages.
· Experience with other vulnerability scanning tools.
· Familiarity with related other IT Infrastructure technologies
· Technical experience in Microsoft, RedHat Linux, Cisco, Oracle, etc. are also a plus.
· Strong working knowledge of network technologies and concepts, Active Directory, Windows server, Windows 10 OS, and desktop and cloud applications such as Office365 and SharePoint Online.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.