SAIC is seeking a Legal Analyst to provide support on-site in the Pentagon in working as part of contract team with the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Office of the General Counsel for International Affairs (OGC/IA).
The candidate will:
Work closely with the Deputy General Counsel, International Affairs and Associate General Counsels daily on subject matter relating to DoD assets, personnel, and international and domestic affairs for the Secretary of Defense (SecDef).
Provide research, analysis, and administrative support for the daily tasks required of OGC (IA) within its current concept of operations (ConOps).
Provide preliminarily review of legal files for sufficiency before final review by government attorneys.
Provide preliminary legal review and preparation of orders authorizing the deployment of U.S. Forces, worldwide; orders to execute military operations; international agreements; defense trade cooperation treaties; intellectual property agreements; international cooperative agreements; cross-service agreements; status of forces agreements; rules of engagement; and significant military exercises briefs.
Provide initial analysis, review, and support for international agreements to which the DoD and its components are signatories.
Coordinate packages with other sections of OGC, other OSD offices, the Joint Staff, DoD components and agencies, and other U.S. Government departments and agencies.
Utilize the OGC Suspense Tracking System (STS) data file system.
- Disseminate daily SecDef Cables to the appropriate Attorneys for action.
- Support the International Agreements Database (IAD) as needed.
- Prepare the GCs Briefing Books for the SecDef Briefings.
- Attend meetings and conferences related to International Affairs topics; liaison with other government agencies and DoD Components.
- Work and coordinate with high-level DoD offices and officials.
- Perform research and analysis; cite checking; and database searches using STS, Westlaw, Lexis, and other sources of information.
- Open and close packages in OGCs suspense tracking systems (STS).
- Assist with legal actions including the coordinating, assisting, and filing of legal documents for OGC/IA.
- Coordinate with outside agencies to provide agreements from IAD.
- Provide backup support to other team members for a variety of subject matters relating to International Affairs.
Required Educational Background:
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.