SAIC is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support Consolidated Afloat Network Enterprise Services (CANES) in Norfolk, VA.
The successful candidate will be joining the Combat Readiness Assurance (CRA) Team. This team will be comprised of elite, multidisciplinary Subject Matter Experts whose mission will be to ensure excellence within the Fleet CANES experience. The CRA Team will operate under Fielded System Engineering (FSE) on behalf of Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Atlantic.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintain awareness of Fleet Installations, Operations, and Workup Cycles in order to proactively identify and prioritize CANES distance support needs. This also includes understanding and tracking the relative expertise and training levels of different shipboard CANES administrators.
- Proactively monitor and track the performance, cyber hygiene, and configuration status/drift of CANES across the fleet routinely using Enhanced Distance Support (EDS) tools. Identify system health issues in CANES before the ships do and remediate those issues. Proactively contact shipboard ITs with system health concerns.
- Immediately address and troubleshoot critical issues that occur in the Fleet with expedited support utilizing EDS tools. Operate during normal business hours but be able to adapt with a 24/7 staffing rotation to support streamlined/immediate distance support from government labs.
- Proactively improve the delivery pipeline for FSE updates/improvements, to include leading automation and pipeline-test-improvement efforts.
- Proactively improve fleet monitoring and remote access efforts as well as identify/execute other improvements to better understand/predict/improve how CANES is operating in the Fleet, to include serving as a collection point for Fleet configuration/performance information.
- Identify and champion system configuration, system user operation, system administration and maintenance improvements (e.g. Automated MRCs) for CANES. Execute improvements in conjunction with other engineering departments.
- Conduct targeted Fleet familiarization training based on expected Fleet operations and/or IT expertise levels.
- Identify improvements within the Help Desk/TACNET support system to improve response to critical and non-critical issues to include help desk training, ticket/knowledge base improvements, and workaround/troubleshooting guides.
- Proactively develop, plan, and train for Fleet support services during wartime and disaster-recovery scenarios.
- US citizenship and a current SECRET clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, or Engineering and 6 (six) years hands-on tactical networks experience
- Ability to comply with DoD 8570 IAT II within 6 months of hire date
- Passionate in supporting the Navy and the warfighter
- Self-starter with ability to operate under limited direction
- Possess or rapidly attain an understanding of how CANES is operated, maintained, administered, and supported in the Fleet
- Advanced troubleshooter with systematic approach and knowledge of tools to support troubleshooting activities (e.g. test tools, scripts, ICMP commands, etc.)
- Demonstrated CANES expertise in the design and development in 2 (two) or more of the following areas:
- IT Domains, DNS, LDAP, UA/GPOs, and System Administration
- PowerShell, Python, Ansible, and/or Robot Framework
- Secure Networking, Virtualized Networking, Firewalls, IDS/IDP, and NAC
- HCI, Hypervisors, VSAN, VDI, and Storage Arrays
- MS System Center, and/or PowerBI/QLIK
- Server Operating Systems (Windows, and/or RHEL) and Enterprise Services
- Cross Domain Access and Transfer
- Common Agile Middleware Services and Openshift
- HBSS or ESS, and ACAS
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.