SAIC is currently seeking a motivated Data Scientist to join our Omaha, NE team and begin an exciting and challenging career exploiting data science for environmental applications.
- Responsible for supporting technique development efforts for applications within the federal government.
- The ideal candidate is adept at using big data sets and applying machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques for analysis and prediction tools focused on environmental and meteorological applications.
- S/He needs to have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, the use of a variety of data tools, constructing and imposing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations.
- The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve enterprise outcomes.
- Work with large, complex datasets and remedy difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed.
- Conduct end-to-end analysis that consists of data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed for both products development and sales activity mainly with Azure based solutions.
- Make recommendations such as cost-benefit, forecasting, and experiment analysis with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
- Research and develop analysis, forecasting and optimization methods to improve the quality of operational data processing systems.
- Interact cross-functionally with teams, and work closely with them to identify opportunities for design and to examine improvements for SAIC engaged solutions.
- Apply data science concepts to build predictive analytics tools using cutting edged techniques to exploit big data
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Operations Research, Bioinformatics, Economics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Atmospheric Science, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with statistical software such as R, Python, MATLAB, pandas and database languages such as SQL
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS or Google Desired skills:
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Operations Research, Bioinformatics, Economics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Atmospheric Science, Electrical Engineering Industrial Engineering.
- 8 years of directly relevant, tech industry work experience such as a statistician, or data scientist, with deep expertise in statistical data analysis, such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, and sampling methods.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets.
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools given a data analysis problem.:
- Experience applying data science techniques to environmental science and/or weather-related challenges
- Understanding of Numerical Weather Prediction principles
- Experience/training in operational meteorology
- Experience with Air Force weather forecasting systems
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.