SAIC is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Cloud Architect to support various programs and strategic initiatives within the company. The selected candidate will be an expert in all aspects of Cloud Computing and Engineering who readily adapts to support a variety of challenging technical requirements in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This is a full-time remote job that can be worked anywhere within the US.
- Designs, plans, and integrates cloud computing and virtualization systems using infrastructure as code and modern cloud-native deployment techniques such as DevOps and/or DevSecOps.
- Develops and conducts testing of cloud and virtualization systems.
- Develops automation scripts for efficient deployment and operations of cloud and virtualization systems.
- Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and best practices in cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self-provisioning; and scaling.
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services.
- May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides highly innovative and creative solutions.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to development of new principles and concepts.
- Participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Familiar with Agile development processes.
- May support new business development initiatives, including bid and proposal and bases of estimate.
- May support strategic initiatives within SAIC, including research and development.
- May support strategic alliances with outside vendors.
- Remains abreast of the newest cloud computing tools and technologies available.
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Must be a US Citizen with an active Public Trust clearance. Must be able to obtain a Secret DoD clearance as needed.
- Bachelors in engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree and 14 or more years of experience in Systems Engineering or related. Masters in engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree and 12 or more years of experience in Systems Engineering or related. An additional four (4) years of related experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in cloud architecture, operations, DevSecOps, or administration
- Two (2) or more years of experience with cloud automation and scripting
- Two (2) or more years of experience creating deployment scripts (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- One (1) or more years of experience with containers (e.g., Docker)
- In depth understanding of Cloud Migration methodologies and best practices
- Familiar with Agile project management procedures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be able to travel up to 10% annually
Desired Experience and Certifications:
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification (Professional level strongly preferred)
- MCSA: Cloud Platform certification (MCSE: Cloud Platform and Integration strongly preferred)
- Two (2) or more years of experience with other cloud platforms, e.g., MS Azure, GCP strongly preferred
- Two (2) or more years of experience with AWS GovCloud desired, C2S strongly preferred
- Experience with solution development supporting bids and proposals is strongly preferred
Target salary range: $155,001 - $165,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.