SAIC has an opportunity for a Systems Engineer in Springfield, VA area to provide Systems Engineering and Technical Advisory (SETA) services focused on protection of space systems. Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide technical insight for the integration of mission systems into the operational baseline, including aspects of mission planning, product quality, command and control, and data processing
- Analyze user needs, concept of operations, and high-level systems architectures to develop system requirements
- Review evolving system architectures, help refine CONOPS, analyze requirements flow down, propose verification methodologies
- Evaluate proposed system changes, especially those that happen late in development cycle; present analysis and recommendations on path forward
- Review Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs), test plans, schedules, development contractor’s documents and procedures to ensure program success
- Provide technical support to the government by proactively pursuing information and proposing solutions to customer requirements
- Identify and communicate system engineering risks, issues, opportunities, assumptions, mitigations, and dependencies
- Collaborate with SETA team members, senior government leadership, development contractors individually and in customer forums
- Develop assessments and briefings for a variety of audiences; must convey information in a clear and articulate manner to Government leadership and fellow contractors
- US Citizenship
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters in STEM field and seven (7) years or more experience. *STEM is a contractual requirement
- In-depth experience with NRO systems engineering and mission readiness processes; familiar with readiness events, control gates, and associated entry/exit criteria
- Knowledge of overall GEOINT space and ground architecture including mission management, mission control and/or mission processing functions
- Program lifecycle experience from concept development and design to deployment, operations and maintenance, decommission
- Experience with CONOPS requirements development, interface control documentation, technical specification review, architecture development
- Experience in a mission operations environment – ops tempo, performance characterization, utility analysis, etc.
- Experience with systems development methodologies (e.g Agile, DevSecOps, Spiral, Waterfall, etc.)
- Self-starter, anticipates and proactively addresses customer requirements with no supervision
- Expert at defining solutions for broad, abstract topics; succinctly captures issues for the customer and provides analysis and recommendations.
- Polished communicator (written/verbal) with impeccable interpersonal skills and personal judgment
- Master at collaboration and coordination with multiple stakeholders -- consensus builder
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Outlook, MS Project)
- Real-time operations experience as a spacecraft or ground systems operator
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Familiar with MBSE/Digital Engineering, Jira, Confluence
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.