Systems Engineer (PKI)
SAIC is seeking a candidate to provide engineering and operational support for NASA’s Identity, Credential and Access Management capabilities, specifically for the NASA Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
Job Responsibilities would include but not limited to:
- Coordinate / support required hardware and software dependencies including Microsoft Certificate Authority management.
- Deploy and maintain vendor software for Derived Credential Management in alignment with NASA’s requirements. Includes Vendor software installment, server software management, custom configuration and integration coordination.
- Responsible for operational oversight, including service availability and providing Tier 2 and /or 3 customer support.
- Completing functional testing for hardware / software updates, integration updates, and service enhancements.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Proven working experience including installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows based environments
- Knowledge of PKI, cryptography, certificate management technologies, best practices, and services with a focus on operations, governance, risk, and compliance
- Experience supporting application hosted on Windows IIS
- Experience with Entrust Security Manager
- Experience with Microsoft Certificate Authority
- Familiarity with certificate issuance processes for Derived certificates and mobile devices
- Ability to troubleshoot complex systems and integrations
- Experience with Tier 2 and /or 3 customer support
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Experience with Intercede myID software (current vendor software)
- Experience in functional test execution for incident fixes and service enhancements
- Familiarity with PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) and HSM (Hardware Security Module) configuration as related to certificate management
- Experience with Microsoft Certificate Enrollment Policy (CEP) / Certificate Enrollment Web Services
- Experience with Microsoft Network Device Enrollment Service (NDES)
- Experience with Entrust Entelligence Security Provider (ESP)
- Experience with Entrust Secure Desktop for Mac (SDM)
- Experience with HID Validation (OCSP) Responders
- Familiarity with the Simple Certificate Enrollment Protocol (SCEP)
- Prior knowledge and or ability to learn, understand, and apply NIST Security Standards documents and Federal PKI guidance (examples include FIPS 201-2, HSPD-12, NIST 800-63, NIST 800-73, NIST 800-78, NIST 800-116, NIST 800-15)
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations
- Create and/or maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests for modified and new systems
- See potential issues and proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure accessibility
- Experience with security monitoring and vulnerability corrections
- Communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- Five (5) years or more direct experience with PKI or Certificate Management processes / functions
Investigation / Clearance:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust investigation (Tier 2) and / or Secret Clearance.
- Current Active Clearance is desirable.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.