SAIC is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to support a newly awarded contract with the United States Marine Corps (USMC) Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) Support team.
Work will be performed on-site in North Charleston, South Carolina.
This program’s support to NIWC LANT will include: Research and Development, Test and Evaluation, Prototype Fielding Kit Development, Engineering Documentation Development, Software Engineering, Integration, Training and Sustainment of the following systems Communication Emitter Sensing and Attacking System (CESAS), Tactical SIGINT Collection System (TSCS), and Marine Air Ground Task Force Electronic Warfare Ground Family of Systems (MEGFoS).
- Architects, engineers, plans, configures, deploys, maintains, and upgrades systems across the enterprise. Systems supported may include servers, workstations, tablets, smart phones, and other devices utilized to access and generate data.
- Tasks include requirements definitions, analysis and engineering, integration activities, validation and verification, operational maintenance, and performance analysis.
- Will design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain workstations and workstation components supporting end user computing activities, which enable the end user to access resources and generate deliverables.
- Works with vendors for prototyping, testing, and evaluation of new technologies.
- Coordinates with corporate and government customers to develop and determine requirements and adapt to changing needs.
- Applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT solutions to design, develop and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture policies and industry best practices.
- Leads the design in system specifications, input/output processes, and parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves highly complex program support deficiencies.
- Designs, tests, and implements operating systems, enterprise services and management of IT systems and applications.
- Will manage the endpoint management systems to provide a secure computing environment, to include delivery of relevant and necessary software, relevant and necessary security patches and providing detailed reporting on hardware assets, software assets and current configuration posture.
- Supports incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions.
- Researches and evaluates capabilities, tools, and products against operational requirements and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT strategy.
- Troubleshoots and solves technical and non-technical issues.
- May be involved in all aspects of the infrastructure in a classified environment including clients, servers, firewalls, electronic data traffic, network access, messaging, communication services, collaboration, and data availability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
- Bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity, Computer, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or Math with a concentration in Computer Science required
- Fifteen (15) of experience in C4ISR related programs to include: Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Support, Test and Evaluation, and Logistics support of C4ISR requirements.
- Experienced with Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Must have a Secret security clearance
- Certified as Information Assurance Management (IAM) or Information Assurance Technical (IAT) or Information Assurance System Architect and Engineer (IASAE) Level I (position-based) per DoD 8570.1M
- Working towards the following certifications within one and a half year after assuming duties:
- Professional Software Engineering Master (PSEM)/ Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) or with COR approval complete a vendor/platform specific certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator(MCDBA), Sun Certified Professional (SCP), Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), CISCO Certified Design Professional (CCDP), Oracle Certified Professional(OCP), etc.)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.