SAIC is hiring a Weapons and Tactics Subject Matter Expert to design, develop, build and teach the skills required for an Air Force warrior to lead an Air Combat Command (ACC) Advanced Programs (AP) Office. You must be able to develop and implement a MAJCOM AP Office training plan, teach the plan via one-on-one sessions or at training conferences and be able to act as a “phone a friend” resource to the wings when required to assist them with issues related to program security and AP Office management. Top candidates will be innovative, outstanding facilitators, with strong decision-making skills. This position is located at Langley Air Force Base in VA.
AP Office Liaison Responsibilities:
- Identify and assess the training needs of the AP Offices through consultation with their leaders and the MAJCOM staff.
- Create a curriculum to facilitate training based on the MAJCOM goals and security requirements.
- Develop individualized (if required) and group training programs that address specific SAP requirements.
- Develop training manuals and programs that target tangible results.
- Implement effective and purposeful training methods.
- Evaluate AP Offices’ performance to ensure that training is sufficient to meet the needs of the wings, improve their performance, and meet MAJCOM standards.
- Assist AP Offices to prepare for exercises, deployments, and MAJCOM inspections.
- Assess AP Offices’ performance to operate while safeguarding SAP materials and identify areas of improvement.
- Drive MAJCOM values and philosophy through all training and development activities.
- Effectively communicate with AP Offices and MAJCOM staffs.
- Manage the technologies and technical personnel required to develop, manage and deliver training.
- Keep abreast of training trends, developments and best practices.
Weapons and Tactics SME Responsibilities:
- Act as ACC/A5/8Z's senior technical advisor to the CAF AP Offices supporting program management, technical, and analytical support
- Provide operational, technical, and analytical assistance to document MAJCOM and Special Access Requirements.
- Interface with Air Staff, MAJCOMs, Numbered Air Forces, and other Government organizations when performing duties associated with ACC A5/8ZX
- Provide advice and assistance to leadership in the areas of mission needs and requirements analysis, concept of operations, program tradeoff analysis, program roadmap creation including technology insertion, platform integration, and support planning.
- Recommend policy changes and support the communication of policy changes
- Assist in the drafting, review and implementation of procedures, policy, and guidance for incorporation into CAF operations
- Provide security/indoc briefing to personnel
- Plan, coordinate, and attend ACC A5/8ZX official functions and conferences
- Represent ACC/A5/8ZX at CAF requirements meeting and other SAP planning meetings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience
- TS/SCI required; Ability to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph required to maintain employment
- US citizenship required
- Strong background in Air Force fighter aviation, specifically with Special Access Programs (SAPs)
- Experience with SAP security requirements to safeguard information critical to national defense
- Solid understanding of training methodology and inspection processes
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent research skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in 5th Gen fighters or ability o demonstrate a good working knowledge of their capabilities and security requirements
- Previous experience leading an AP Office in a fighter wing
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.