SAIC is seeking A Senior Functional Analyst will lead the analysis, design, implementation, and support of software applications and systems by collaborating with business customers, end-users, and project managers to capture and document business requirements and technical requirements. They will support the full lifecycle of requirements management and implementation by participating in requirements elaboration and design, and then testing developed functionality to match requirements. This role is 100% remote.
- Experience in diagnosing and identifying system-related problems with proven excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Technically proficient with the ability to create functional specifications and documentation
- Working knowledge of data and process modeling
- Experience in identifying potential solutions to business issues or problems
- Experience working as a Federal employee or contract
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Lead functional design of software applications and prepare deliverables like functional specifications, prototypes, user guides, test scripts, etc.
- Develop, create, review, maintain, and update application-related documentation and prepare training material in a relevant, accurate and user-friendly manner
- Capture business rules and business requirements in a well-documented and repeatable manner, vetting business initiatives and epics to completion
- Collaborate with customers, end-users, developers, and project managers to elicit, analyze, design, and implement business requirements and functional designs for software applications
- Contribute to gathering, elicitation, definition, elaboration, and refinement of functional and technical business requirements for IT applications and systems
- Participate in requirements gathering, elaboration, and refinement sessions with product stakeholders
- Intake, upload, track, and manage business requirements and user stories in requirements management and configuration management tools – Jira/Confluence and GitHub
- Validate requirements are reviewed for quality assurance as they are implemented in each software release, including requirements approval, traceability, and proper updates of attributes in the requirements management tool
- Perform problem analysis and analyze, validate, specify, and verify requirements defined by project leads, customers, and end users.
- Analyze existing business processes, business requirements, and workflows to document “as is” processes and proposed “to be” solutions to guide requirements development efforts
- Analyze and decompose complex requirements, perform gap analysis, and recommend solutions based on research, facilitate change and configuration management
- Conduct thorough research to ensure that functional and competitive requirements are met and that the developed application is per the requirements
- Facilitate executive-level virtual meetings; prepare meeting agenda, capture meeting minutes, and track outcomes and action items
- Work proactively and independently to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Plan, monitor, and control relevant tasks outlined in the contract and statement of work
- Function as part of an integrated team sharing products, best practices, and information across the portfolio
Required Education & Experience:
- A Master’s degree in a business discipline and 10 years of experience heavily preferred, a minimum of 1 year of experience is required.
- An additional 10 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of education.
- SAFe or comparable Agile or requirements management certification
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance based on VA regulations.
- Experience in requirements planning, analysis, refinement, and documentation
- Direct experience work with a requirements management tool (e.g. Jira, GitHub, etc.)
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Mortgage Loan Industry knowledge highly desired
- Experience working as a contractor or an employee for Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Experience in working in a team and driving results to meet the requirements and expectations of clients
- Experience working in a consulting environment and understanding of client/customer relations
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems and the SDLC
- Ability to work under pressure, coordinate multiple assignments at once, and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
Target salary range: $85,001 - $95,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.