- Provides technical support to DOT engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems.
- Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
- May be involved in customer installation and training.
- Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
- Generally interacts directly with the customer/user when the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature, such as with systems level software where the user has a technical background.
- Additionally, may interact with product support personnel and potentially the customer when the customer's problem cannot be resolved directly by first-level resources. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT:
- Directly supervises individual contributors (skilled technicians, administrative support) and/or entry-level professionals (accountants, entry-level engineers)
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals.
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
- Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies.
- Management reviews work to measure meeting of objectives.
- Administers and executes policies, processes, and procedures that affect subordinate employees and the workflow of the work unit. Leads daily operations of work unit.
FREEDOM TO ACT:
- Assignments are task or activity oriented.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall quality and efficiency.
- Decisions impact work unit operations.
- Erroneous decisions, recommendations, or failure to achieve results might cause delays in schedules and require the allocation of more people and financial resources.
- Interacts internally primarily with subordinates and other supervisors.
- External interactions is typically with suppliers, vendors and/or customers.
- Primary purpose of liaison is information sharing and basic problem resolution.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
US Citizenship is required
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.