SAIC is seeking an experienced system administrator with a background in configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting cross-domain systems. The successful candidate will work within a cross-functional team to provide hands-on experience designing, installing, configuring, monitoring and maintaining enterprise systems. The SA must have a team-oriented and customer-focused attitude due to multiple locations and various end users.
Primary responsibilities may include:
- Oversee the execution of security measures called out in the security plan to include timely scans of network resources and software patches.
- Provide effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of production Linux Servers in a VMWare Virtualized Environment.
- Apply DISA STIG compliance controls to secure systems.
- Responsible for daily system monitoring, security, server health, resources and log management of Linux and Windows systems.
- Troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis. This includes troubleshooting any and all issues with system configurations, backups, files systems, and user access.
- Support RHEL platforms hosting applications, operations and sustainment systems, and ACAS and other security tools
- Interface with engineers, systems engineers, and subject matter experts
- Troubleshoot hardware, networking and software problems in multi-node environment
- Configure and install operating system and application software on bare-metal computers, virtual machines or containers.
- Act as on-call support for network issues and data transmittal issues
- Create and maintain software documentation and updates
- Be called upon to peer review other software design efforts and concepts within the center
- Work with a highly technical team to perform evaluation tests
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years or more relevant experience (will accept 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree)
- Active TS with SCI eligibility
- Minimum 5 years’ experience focused on Linux/UNIX system administration
- DOD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification required (such as CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, CND, or SSCPy)
- Direct experience with network topology, data flows, firewalls, routers and switches
- Strong working knowledge of Linux Red Hat Enterprise, Microsoft Server network protocols are required
- TS/SCI with SAP caveat
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, remote desktop, remote computer management or equivalent
- Familiarity with Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco routers and switches, WireShark, and CommVault
- Familiarity with satellite operations
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Ability to problem solve and think critically sometimes independent of significant experience or documentation of the problem area
Target salary range: $85,001 - $95,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.