Job ID: 2300650
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: IT Security Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Cyber Security Analyst to join our team supporting an important US government agency in the National Capital Region. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a team that supports the Pension Benefits Guaranty Corporation (PBGC), an independent agency of the United States Government. The team operates within the agency's Information Technology Infrastructure Operations Department (ITIOD). The role is a part of the Patch and Vulnerability Management Group (PVMG), the group which tracks vulnerabilities and coordinates their remediation. The successful candidate will assist with web application vulnerability scanning and remediation solutions in support of the PBGC ITIOD by supporting the web application scanning program, and reporting to the vulnerability management team lead.
· Work within the scope of web scanning processes and procedures
· Develop and improve process and other documentation
· Conduct web application scheduling, scanning, analysis, and reporting
· Coordinate scanning schedules and documentation
· Conduct analysis of web vulnerabilities
· Interface with client, client's customer, and operation teams
Education and Experience:
· Associates Degree in computer science or related technical discipline and four (4) years or more experience; Six (6) years of related experience in lieu of Degree.
· 2+ years' of experience performing web application vulnerability scanning using Qualys or similar industry tools.
· 3+ years' of experience with analyzing vulnerabilities and in developing action plans for resolving them.
· 2+ years' of experience developing and documenting standard operations procedures and work instructions for web application vulnerability scanning.
· Documented experience with the Qualys or other web scanning tools. Candidate should be familiar with vulnerability scanning, vulnerability identification, and standard remediation engagement related to security scanning tools.
· Broad knowledge of security scanning tools, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), network communication, and troubleshooting.
· Comfortable using the Microsoft Office suite of tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
· Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with a large community of stakeholders effectively and accurately in person and in writing
· All candidates for consideration must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
· Experience with Device and Web Application scanning tools (Nessus, Qualys, BigFix, or similar)
· Experience working with cloud systems and services
· Have the ability to think outside the box to complete a task or troubleshoot
· Demonstrated ability to complete, follow-up, and improve on assignments
· Process and workflow documentation skill is a plus
· Experience working with ServiceNow, Jira or similar tool is a plus
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.