SAIC is seeking a forward-thinking Training Systems Engineer to provide technical expertise to support a series of training efforts for the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program in Dayton, OH.
Impact: Analysis and recommendations affect the future of aircrew training.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Defining conceptual training systems, and technical configurations, in support of modernizing aircrew training.
- Research future Simulation training technologies to incorporate into training objectives and training methodologies including XR design, UI/UX, and engineering to brainstorm the design and development of creative instructional solutions that leverage the client's technical environment.
- Generating report content on training system analysis findings in providing a functional baseline for the design, development, and operation of integrated training systems.
- Analyzing legacy and similar training systems and identifying deficiencies.
- Assessing new training technology for potential application in training system concepts.
- Evaluating alternative training system concepts and system configurations.
- Recommending numbers, functions, and types of training media, as well as courseware requirements, and training management system functions.
- Providing rationale and justification concerning how a proposed system will remedy deficiencies.
- Collaborate with instructional systems developers to analyze instructional strategy alternatives.
- Collaborate with a variety of other subject matter experts to validate instructional alternatives in terms of applicable technology, media, and methods.
The Systems Engineer may:
- Provide statistical data, summary tables, and/or comparisons for courses/qualification levels and types of training provided.
- Specify program, system, and training requirements; operational limiting factors; and design constraints for the training system.
- Generate requirements for trainee throughput, surge, entry and qualification levels, performance, evaluation, and management.
- Specify subsystem requirements for the training system.
Required Education, Experience, Skills, & Attributes:
- Must possess a Top Secret Clearance.
- A bachelor’s degree and 8 years or more of related experience, or equivalent alternative.
- NOTE: Here at SAIC, we understand that competencies and capabilities can be cultivated through a myriad of diverse backgrounds. With the education and experience requirement here, whether your years of experience are significantly greater or less than our target quantity, if you believe that you would succeed/excel within the position outlined above then we highly encourage you to apply. Have 4 years of generating highly effective training systems, or even 18 years, and are interested in shaping the future of MAF training? It would be a pleasure to receive your application.
Desired Experience, Skills, & Attributes:
- Working knowledge of current academic, industry, and/or Air Force training techniques and technologies.
- Familiarity with US government network environments and policies.
- Understanding of M&S systems for training (technical systems expertise)
- Experience discussing and presenting technical training system analysis data, statistics, and/or data visualizations.
- Understand how to map learning strategies to learning technologies based on desired performance outcome (learning strategy expertise)
- Understanding of the technical debt associated with each of the technologies; this provides information to the cost/benefit analysis, among other things; (analysis expertise)
- Experience and/or knowledge in Extended Reality (AR/VR)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.