SAIC is looking for a Systems Engineer - Weapons Systems to provide support to the PMA 242, Direct and Time Sensitive Strike Program Office. In this role the selected candidate will support the Advanced Anti-Radiation Guided Missile (AARGM) IPT with the execution of post CDR engineering activities. Work will be conducted at least half time on site in Patuxent River, MD.
Responsibilities may include:
- Provide technical inputs in the creation and review of all engineering documents (ex. SOW, CDRL, technical proposals, SETR planning, technical maturity, etc.) for accuracy and compliance with system and NAVAIR process requirements.
- Coordinate meetings as requested that require participation from Contractor(s) and/or the PMA Stakeholders.
- As required, participate in PMRs, technical reviews, technical coordination meetings, Test Planning Working Groups (TPWG), CSWG, System Safety Working Group (SSWG), Systems Engineering Technical Reviews (SETRs)/Model Based Systems Engineering Activities, conferences, briefings, and other significant program activities.
- This consists of any preparation work (ex. briefing material) and tracking engineering action items associated with the aforementioned items. Identify and analyze the issues discussed, record action items, recommend courses of action, input action items and recommendations into the Program Management Database.
- Coordinate with multiple disciplines as required to prepare or review the technical documentation, proposals, investigations, analyses, needed to support the baseline program, ECPs, requirements/requirement changes, Product Test Verifications, and other appropriate documentation for all applicable systems.
- Review, analyze and track specifications and data packages; review suitability/supportability documentation; review and provide technical recommendations on ECPs and Technical Directives; and participate in technical working groups to resolve any engineering issues. Assist with the development of appropriate engineering documentation, formal letters, informal memos and other general correspondence.
- Facilitate communications across all stakeholders (PMA IPTs, FMS, USN, Contractor, FST, etc.)
- Maintain any unique schedules or action trackers as dictated by the APMSE.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements for program office engineering management activities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Physics, or other related scientific discipline
- Eight (8) years of recent and relevant experience is required
- Active DoD Interim Secret Clearance is required
- Experience working within the Navy Acquisition process in support of engineering activities.
- Experience with requirements development and management.
- Familiarity with NAVAIR Testing environments
- Experience with platform integration activities and requirements.
- Active Secret clearance is preferred
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.