- May design, analyze, plan, modify, and maintain networks and network components supporting data, voice and/or audio communication activities.
- Prepares the analysis of short/long term capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling. May conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies as well as internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis.
- May evaluate new technology.
- Duties may include providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture; providing information for hardware and software selection; and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content.
- Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
- Coordinate and/or perform additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems, and attached devices; includes investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation, and testing of new network hardware and software.
- Provide direct support in the day-to-day operations on network hardware and operating systems, including the evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems.
- Troubleshoot at the physical level of the network, working with network measurement hardware and software, as well as physical checking and testing of hardware devices at the logical level working with communication protocols.
- Maintain network infrastructure standards including network communication protocols such as TCP/IP.
- Provide technical consultation, training and support to IT staff as designated by the government.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.