SAIC is seeking an experienced, results–oriented, mission-driven Data Systems Engineer. We are looking for a talented, innovative, and experienced individual to support the effort to increase the speed of data delivery in the support of national security objectives. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding executing IT systems and supporting transformations utilizing a Lean Agile framework that promotes collaboration, transparency and continuous improvement. This is high visibility program, and we are seeking a results oriented self-starter.
As a Data Systems Engineer you’ll work with a fast-paced team that acquires, controls, and catalogs large scale, complex datasets for our customer’s mission. The position requires a highly detail oriented individual who understands the complexities of data movement and curation. You will also be responsible for analyzing the customer’s current dataset catalog to identify areas of weakness which will then drive additional targeted dataset acquisition technologies as appropriate. You will be part of a team responsible for transforming the customers’ data ecosystem with strategies that keep them mission focused and mission informed.
- Collaborate with fellow team members on data collection methods, data management processes/capabilities, and data policy/governance implementation
- Develop and maintain flexible data management processes documented as SOP but accommodate fluid change in the organization and/or data environment
- Perform data inventory and cataloging to ensure insight into our data holdings, identify gaps, prioritize collection/processing and administer data policy/governance
- Respond to data calls, reporting tasks, and internal/external requirements tasking
- Organize, implement, and enforce correct data collection policies and procedures
- Establish data collection quality standards and ensure they are met
- Troubleshoot data –related problems as appropriate to the data management lifecycle
- Document procedures for data management processes
- Develop methodologies for data collection and evaluation relevant to each project
- Evaluate data management system to improve operational procedures
- Perform statutorily required data management tasks, ranging from documentation through cataloging/purge compliance and destruction
- Provide policy guidance to support workforce understanding of data compliance requirements, including relevant issues such as USPII and sensitive data handling related to our data environment
- Implement and enforce data policies to include following provenance and lineage of the data so the versions of the data carry the proper policies
- Active Top Secret/SCI with polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, science, or related discipline
- Three (3) years’ experience performing full lifecycle data management in large-scale data ecosystem leveraging either a hybrid, on-prem or cloud –based platform
- Focused experience in a specific area of data management to including cataloging, meta management, data policy, or data governance is acceptable
- Proven ability to be a self-starter, ability to multi-task, and work independently on tasks while collaborating with team, as necessary
- Demonstrates excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, and pays close attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with technical and non-technical personnel as well as all levels of management and staff
- Strong analytical skills to support data quality management operations
- Strong coordination, project planning, implementation, and prioritization skills
- Ability to manage expectations and balance demands while maintaining team priorities
- Experience implementing and establishing data ownership, stewardship, and monitoring, as well as determining business rules to be applied to the data
- Skilled in documentation and database reporting for the purposes of analysis, data discovery, and decision-making with the use of relevant software such as, Excel, and Tableau or similar standard visualization tool
- Experience drafting, editing, and implementing data management business rules for use by developers, data cataloging, those extracting data or preparing reports from enterprise databases
- Adept at managing project plans and resources to ensure successful project completion
- Ability to work with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
- Experience utilizing business analytics to enable organizational learning and data-driven decisions
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with Agile Methodologies and Kanban Framework
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.