The EAST 2 contract is seeking a Data Visualization Developer to support the data analysis and reporting capability for NASA’s Information, Data, & Analytics Services (IDAS) team in order to translate data into decisions. The team is seeking a motivated individual with a background in data evaluation and analysis to visually depict data sets using modern design and project management tools, such rapid prototyping and agile development methodologies.
You’ll be part of a large community of data scientists across the NASA Agency and collaborate with data engineers, data scientists, and data architects, as well as product owners and mission experts.
Summary: As a data visualization developer, you'll develop dashboards, reports, infographics, or data visualization solutions. Your ability to understand data, relationships, and translate complex analysis into simple graphics that communicate pertinent information to both technical and non-technical users is key and makes you an integral part of delivering a customer-focused solution to NASA.
- Design, develop, and implement reporting solutions with Tableau. Power BI, Neo4j, open-source visualization apps, etc.
- Designs, develops, and maintains various user-friendly dashboards in Tableau, Power BI, Neo4j, open-source visualization apps, etc. using various reproducible data sources, stored procedures, views, calculations, parameters, and overall performance.
- Translates and refines customer reporting requests into actionable objectives, including identifying criteria, fields, grouping, summary options, time frames and other components required to build a successful report.
- Analyzes and translates non-technical user requirements into written report specifications and existing data sources as needed.
- Responsible for consistent communication and gathering feedback from business users and stakeholders.
- Performs analysis of data sources to ensure data integrity, completeness, timeliness, and accuracy. Makes recommendations to improve efficiency of current processes.
- Provides user training and presentations as needed.
- Maintains assigned dashboard requests, determines resource needs for requests and works with our NASA customer(s) to prioritize.
- Identifies and evaluates recurring database issues and researches trends within the Tableau, Power BI, Neo4j, open-source visualization apps, etc environments.
- Responsible for timely delivery of dashboard deliverables to internal and external customers.
- Maintains detailed documentation, including tracking customer conversations, decisions made, reports delivered and one’s progress through multiple simultaneous projects.
- Responds to calls, correspondence, and email within customer expectations.
- Proof-reads all documents and maintains accuracy of information and preparing work instructions and policy documents for department use.
- Maintains working knowledge of data visualization tools and follows best practices.
- Maintains working knowledge in areas of assigned responsibility, including but not limited to operational processes, data structure and content of proprietary systems.
- Serves as an operational data visualization expert for the team and the organization, which may include developing dashboard requests and interpreting data.
- Provides routine reporting to EAST 2 Task Lead and our NASA customer(s) with progress updates, barriers, and issues needing escalation.
- Generates and conducts quality review as needed.
- Analyzes efficiency of current processes and makes recommendations.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Software Engineering, or another relevant field
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- 5+ years of relevant data visualization experience
- Experience with SQL, R, Python, or Java
- Technical expertise in information design principles and data visualization methods, best practices, and software packages and APIs such as Tableau or equivalent analytics tools
- Technical Expertise in data modeling concepts, including hands-on development of attributes, facts, dimensions, transformations, dynamic dashboards, grids, graphs, scorecards, and statistical reporting
- Technical expertise in database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Solid collaboration, communication and business relationship skills with customers, management peers, and team members
- Motivated, self-directed, results oriented
- Strong planning and organization skills as role will communicate with varying levels of team members across business stakeholders, technology and management
- Strong written, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Experience with working on multi-disciplinary Agile teams
- Experience with cloud technologies, including AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience with deploying data visualizations or applications in a Cloud environment, including AWS or Azure
- Familiarity with collaboration tools:
- Atlassian JIRA & Confluence
- MS Team/O365
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.