SAIC has an immediate opening for a Systems Engineer SETA with Finance/ Budget experience. This position is located in Chantilly, VA and requires an Active TS/SCI with Polygraph for consideration.
We are looking for an energetic and forward-leaning engineer to provide Systems Engineering & Technical Advisory (SETA) support services and budget/financial experience to work with the customer to establish and execute essential systems engineering and architecting activities to help their organization meet their mission objectives. The successful candidate will bring systems engineering and programmatic experience to help the customer fulfill its requirement to deliver this advanced ground architecture.
- Work as a Systems Engineer as part of a world-class Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) team
- Strategize with government, SETA and industry partners to conceptualize a future ground architecture to drive the customer's new space architecture
- Perform technical review and assessment of concepts, systems, technologies, designs, architectures, interfaces, and operation of space and ground systems suggested by industry through responses to government Request for Information and Broad Area Announcements
- Research state-of-the-art space vehicle component technologies and sensor concepts/capabilities and provide technical advice to guide next-generation ground use of those technologies
- Collaborate across multiple teams to refine requirements and system trades
- Provide programmatic and acquisition support to include constructing Request for Proposal and Statement of Work material and participating in source selection activities
- Participate in design reviews and technical interchange meetings to assess and guide development activities performed by development contractors
- Review development contractor’s documents and procedures, requirements flow down, verification methodologies, calibration plans, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs) and test plans to ensure program success
- Technical and programmatic support through the entire project life cycle including concept development, system definition, acquisition planning, source selection, system design, development, integration and test, system delivery, and mission operations
- Briefings and reports including technical and programmatic assessments presenting analysis, results, conclusions, and recommendations. Brief USG staff and industry partners, as requested
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
- Experience providing acquisition and financial support to include working budgets, schedules, requirements, contracts (drafting SOWs, CDRLs, RFPs), and supporting source selection efforts
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Practical understanding of space and/or ground systems, hardware, software, operations, and their interdependence
- Interpersonal and communication skills for written reports, group discussion, and oral presentations
- Experience with the customer’s acquisition lifecycle process to help support various projects from inception to completion
- Strong Government programmatic experience helping the customer drive success in all their activities by providing sound advice
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and sometimes chaotic environment
- Ability to articulate technical recommendations to the customer
- Proficient skills using Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint)
- Experience working with or helping manage Government contracts
- Broad understanding of space and/or ground systems, hardware, software, operations, and their interdependence
- Systems engineering and integration applied to spacecraft, ground, and launch systems
- Overhead space systems collection in one or more domains (signals, imagery)
- IC mission, organizations, disciplines, systems, and/or processes
- Demonstrated familiarity of spacecraft technologies, concepts, and systems
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.