Job ID: 2218303
Location: HAMPTON, VA, United States
Date Posted: Feb 2, 2023
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Cloud Comp Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
The AppTX IPT Lead is a senior manager and leader within the Falconer program responsible for helping define the team's direction while addressing obstacles and support their team as needed. This position interfaces with government and civilian leaders and will help shape the future of cloud based war fighting systems.
Responsible for developing and implementing a strategy and providing solutions that will enable the team to migrate legacy weapons systems into the cloud directly or via a hybrid solution. Key to the success will be the ability to help define both cloud based and edge based solutions to support multiple scenarios.
Responsibilities & Objectives of this Role:
• Possess extensive experience in cloud computing that includes on premise, hybrid, and commercial cloud management.
• Mentor developers and engineers.
• Provision, manage, and secure cloud infrastructure with expertise through infrastructure as code implementations at an Individual Contributor level.
• Possess effective communication skills to interact with various stakeholders internal and external to the organization.
• Develop and maintain technical project plans with appropriately identified milestones, risks and mitigation strategies
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
• Eligible to obtain Secret Clearance
• Superior communication skills both written and verbal
• Bachelors Degree
• 12+ years managing teams of different sizes
• Excellent project management skills and is able to develop multi-iteration project plans within an Agile framework
• Seven-plus (7+) years of demonstrated experience working or supporting a software team leveraging large scale cloud infrastructure as their primary application platform.
• Strong command and knowledge of AWS cloud products and solutions including EKS, Terraform, as well as supporting other container orchestration solutions like Kubernetes
• Strong CI/CD experience with preference to Gitlab
• Seven-plus (7+) years of demonstrated experience building declarative infrastructure using modern Infrastructure as Code techniques
• Resume has two (2) or more examples of successfully leading software, data center, and/or on-premise infrastructure engineering teams in adoption of cloud, hybrid and on-premise cloud-native architecture.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.