SAIC is seeking a Model Based Systems Engineer to provide System Engineering, Integration and Testing. The candidate chosen for this position will have demonstrable experience in System Requirements decomposition, System level test and verification, System level Interface management, and development and delivery of a Descriptive Systems Model using SysML. This position supports the D5LE2 Weapons System Program in Crane, IN.
NOTE: This position is a hybrid remote position requiring candidates to in the Crane office approximately 2 days a week.
- Assist a team of System Engineers supporting the Navy’s D5LE2 Weapons System Program in developing System level plans, procedures, and processes
- Collaborative development of a System Descriptive Model and integrating a host of related digital engineering tools and capabilities
- Collaboration with counterparts from several Strategic Systems Program offices as well as Technical Branches, prime contractors, and other systems engineers
- Support Weapon System Program with System level requirements management, model curation, and change management services
- Support modeling of System level requirements, Use Cases, System level interfaces, and capturing the results of the Trade Studies necessary to meet initial program milestones including System Concept Review and System Requirement Review
- Provide development assistance of model integration concepts and process documentation to enable project development synchronization among all participants in order to achieve ideal configuration management and model management to support project objectives and long-term milestones, including system Preliminary Design Review and Critical Design Review
- Demonstrate practical lifecycle systems engineering experience which includes stakeholder needs definition, system requirements definition and management; system architecture, analysis and design; integration, test, and verification; and performance of system level test cases
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of MBSE and SysML to effectively communicate System development objectives, system structure, behavior, requirements and performance
- Collaborate with other team members to develop engineering documentation (e.g., Data/Information Management Plan, Documentation and Model Configuration Management Plan, System Test and Verification Plan, etc.), and other documents and briefings to clearly communicate work or study status that are used to brief government and industry as required
- Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors
- Support Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and technical reviews of system engineering products and models as needed
- Assist to develop and ensure system requirements validation and verification methods are captured and implemented
- Analyze alternatives to optimize performance and improve understanding of systems architecture modeling and capability development
- Prepare deliverables that include data collection, gap analyses, utilization analyses, statistical and forecasting analyses, presentations, written reports and recommendations
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- High School Diploma/GED and ten (10) years or more of equivalent experience; Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years or more experience; Master’s Degree and one (1) year or more experience; PhD or JD and 0 years or more experience or in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related Engineering Technical Discipline (Missile Systems, Rocketry, Ballistic Systems, Aerospace Systems - ACAT Defense Acquisition Program experience preferred)
- Experience implementing systems engineering plans using MBSE processes
- Experience with, and understanding of, system modeling and analysis
- Experience with Model Based System Engineering (MSBE) and Model-Based System Engineering Tools (e.g. MagicDraw/Camio, Sparx Enterprise Architect (EA), IBM Rational Rhapsody,) and processes
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain a Full DOD Secret Security Clearance
- Understanding of military weapons systems development and operations
- Experience with Requirements Decomposition and requirements analysis
- MBSE and SysML experience to effectively communicate system structure, behavior, and requirements
- Solid understanding of DoD Systems Engineering Process and Requirements
- Experience supporting Advanced Technology development/transition activities
- Prior DOD experience supporting OSD, Navy, or Air Force Programs
- Ability to provide technical and programmatic direction on the development, integration and use of MBE and MBSE models
- Java, C++, SysML, ANSYS, UML coding, LabVIEW, Microsoft Office, General Mission Analysis Tool (GMAT), MagicDraw/Cameo Full Suite, Phoenix Integration Model Center, Simulink, VTL scripting, Doc Gen, validation tool scripting for Cameo, View and Viewpoint diagram usage, Windchill
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and coordination skills
Target salary range: $85,001 - $95,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.