Make a difference for national security by leading a team of dedicated professionals in supporting the Space Development Agency (SDA) in developing and deploying the Battle Management Command, Control, and Communications (BMC3) software development and hosting environment for the National Defense Space Architecture (NDSA). These systems establish software development capabilities to securely and rapidly field mission applications developed by BMC3 ecosystem participants in support of Joint All Domain Command and Control (JADC2) objectives.
SAIC has an immediate need for an Information System Security Manager (ISSM) with software (SW) & hardware (HW) development, integration and maintenance experience for space systems. We are looking for innovative and motivated individuals to lead the development and implementation of the BMC3 Application Factory; development and sustainment of the Secure Interoperable-middleware Layer (SIL); integration, testing, and operational support for BMC3 applications; and supporting the technical BMC3 ecosystem lead. Candidates must have experience with planning and executing software developmental programs with demonstrated ability to lead the software development team in support of program management to meet customer milestones.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the cybersecurity architecture and design of the customer’s systems are functional and secure with the ability to identify, protect, detect, respond and recover from cyber-attack.
- Applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of security solutions to design, develop and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies and support full spectrum military cyberspace operations.
- Overseeing system and network designs that encompass multiple computer and network devices to include those with differing data protections/classification requirements.
- Providing SSE, integration services, technical assessments, and solutions to enable cybersecurity and DCO.
- Defining system security requirements, assessing system security architecture designs, and supporting the development and sustainment of an enterprise RMF accreditation package from concept development and contract pre-acquisition through contractor design and accreditation.
- Supporting cybersecurity activities for space, ground, operations, logistics, and sustainment elements of the MW enterprise by identifying risks, issues, and interdependencies between system elements, contracts and stakeholders.
- Developing Defensive Cyberspace Operations and incident Response Tactics, Techniques and Procedures to monitor and protect the system from cyber-attacks.
- Developing and briefing data packages that provide analysis results to inform the government decision-makers.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the Space Development Agency and U.S. Space Force.
Required Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree and fourteen plus (14+) years; Master’s Degree and twelve plus (12+) years; PhD or JD and nine plus (9+) years of experience with cybersecurity in space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of DoD, NSA, or NRO programs.
- Cyber Workforce Management Program (DoDD 8140.01 & DoD 8570.01-m) Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level III and/or Information Assurance System Architect and Engineer (IASAE) Level II certified.
- Experience in defining, developing, implementing and sustaining system accreditations for the US Space Force, Air Force and Department of Defense systems and networks.
- Solid understanding and technical knowledge of common cybersecurity engineering, architecture and design and principles.
- Experience working across space and ground segment organizations to coordinate and identify system requirements that ensure end-to-end mission performance requirements are met.
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
- Experienced at self-starting, seeking solutions, and works well in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience working with Space Force/Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with space and/or ground systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organizational and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with cloud-based systems, operating systems, databases, networking, firewalls, Network Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS) and host-based IDS and IPS.
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Advanced Degree in Science, Engineering or Math
- Strong familiarity with DoDI 8510.01: Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800-53
- Familiarly Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and system configuration validation and verification against documented security requirements.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.