Job ID: 2217995
Location: VANDENBERG SFB, CA, United States
Date Posted: Jan 27, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Specialty Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
Vandenberg Engineering Position
SAIC is seeking a space launch support engineer to provide space vehicle processing technical advisory services to the Office of Space Launch at Vandenberg Space Force Base, CA.
Key duties include:
- Provide integrated program assessments and recommendations for the tactical and strategic planning for Critical Space Launch Support Systems which include payload processing facilities, transportation, fueling, RF monitoring systems, and launch base infrastructure.
- Lead and support system capability Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
- Prepare and update documentation, databases, briefings, and attend infrastructure reviews and Change Management Boards
- Coordinate risk processes and document identified risks, prioritize and manage their mitigation through closures at monthly boards
- Provide technical oversight, reviews, and reports on critical support systems accuracy, timeliness, and other factors affecting operational capabilities
- Review and provide technical assessments of contractor proposals, designs, drawings, non-conformances, and other technical documentation
- Support launch base requirements development and verification
SAIC delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a provider of integrated services for the U.S. Government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. SAIC is dedicated to making lives better safer and more secure
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.