SAIC is seeking a Corporate Communications Officer to support our IC customer in Springfield, VA. The Communications Officer works to support the communication needs of office leadership and the workforce from a corporate perspective and through key mission areas, initiatives and priorities identified by the director and deputy directors. This support includes the creation, development and implementation of a variety of communication materials, to include senior leader briefings and talking points, news and information articles, marketing and branding, and events, such as town halls, brown bags, and information sessions. Coordinate with the graphics artist and web designer to ensure that all communication products are visually appealing and consistent with corporate branding.
Duties shall include:
- Support communications projects as aligned to CIO-T five key strategic mission areas of IC ITE/Cloud Migration; Cybersecurity; Mission Evolution and Emerging Capabilities; GEOINT Standards, Architecture and Engineering; workforce development and transformation.
- Develop effective communication strategies, plans and tactics that highlight and promote understanding and awareness of key functional areas of the Cybersecurity Office.
- Assist the Cybersecurity Office to highlight and publicize related CIO-T mission initiatives through a multitude of communications tactics.
- Develop other communication products, such as briefings, marketing campaigns, aimed at increasing awareness of milestones and initiatives for a variety of audiences.
- Write products in accordance with AP Style guidelines and align with CIO-T Communications Strategy.
- Create and manage electronic content related to CIO-TES Strategy.
- Plan and execute communications tasks as identified and assigned by the Chief Information Security Officer and TES leadership team.
- Research, write, and coordinate news/feature articles or other communiqués, as assigned by the Chief Information Security Officer and TES leadership team.
- Respond to emails requesting the communications support promptly at the request of the Government to provide assistance with communication needs. (CDRL: Reports, Briefings, Evaluations, Technical Assignments, Transition Plan, White Papers etc.)
- Create communication plans and calendar events for assigned communication initiatives.
- Work seamlessly in a team environment, interfacing with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Assist CIO-TES groups, divisions and offices highlight and publicize related CIO-TES mission initiatives and audiences to a variety of audience through a multitude of communications tactics.
- Provide editing support to CIO-TES team members and CIO-TES subject matter experts on internal and external taskers, reviews, and requests.
- Maintain the CIO-TES group mailbox.
- Follow established timelines, processes and procedures as well as continually look for ways to improve the overall processes, and support to CIO-TES communications mission.
- Communicate with CIO-TES, subordinate offices and SMEs on the status of assignments.
- Assist TES leadership in gaining approval to participate in public outreach events to include deconflicting calendars, developing presentation materials and gaining agency release approval.
- Solicit weekly activity reports from TES branches, compile the formal Weekly Activity Report for for TES leadership and submit to higher leadership levels as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Active TS/SCI
- Possess a bachelor degree in Communication, Journalism, English or relevant experience
- 7+ years of experience
- Demonstrate advanced skill in oral and interpersonal communication, and writing at collegiate and professional levels, especially news and feature writing
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills with drafting documents and briefings
- Demonstrated experience utilizing critical thinking data gathering and analytic skills.
- Demonstrated experience with AP Style guidelines.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in Communication Management with senior leadership and the remaining organization on a daily basis.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Suite to create required documentation and briefings.
- Demonstrated experience with SharePoint.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.