SAIC’s National Security Group is seeking a Model Based Systems Engineer to fill a position on the LANDMARK AOS program. LANDMARK AOS is a large SETA contract responsible for the complete end-to-end life cycle of the customer's Ground Enterprise. The position is located on-site in Chantilly, VA and requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph.
Job responsibilities include:
- Lead multiple programs in the development and execution of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), ranging from conceptual to physical implementation; including data modeling, data ingest, and model query
- Provide technical advice and guidance to the customer, SETA, FFRDC, external stakeholders, and development contractor teams regarding the creation and implementation of new MBSE methods and techniques
- Support definition and documentation of Solution and Program level systems engineering governance, policies, procedures, guidance, and best practices regarding use of modeling languages and frameworks in the execution of systems engineering
- Develop an organized repeatable systems engineering approach, that enables architectural elements usage with a model and sharing between model development projects
- Assess engineering artifacts across programs and generate products using MBSE tools to support reviews and analysis
- Work with enterprise systems engineering and other programs in gathering, documenting, and sharing systems engineering lessons learned across programs
- Prepare briefings, demonstrations and white papers for senior decision makers and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Experience with Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and architecture frameworks such as Unified Architecture Framework (UAF)
- Proficient with Digital Engineering tools and procedures
- Working knowledge of systems engineering documentation to include concepts of operations, interface control documents, and verification and test
- Ability to provide technical and programmatic direction on the development, integration, and use of model-based engineering and model-based systems engineering models
- Proficient understanding of fundamental model development and its application to architecture or system design
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Advanced degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline with emphasis on MBSE
- Experience in modeling tools (Cameo) and modeling frameworks (UAF, DoDAF, MODAF) and languages (SysML, UML, MOF)
- Prior IC customer experience
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.