Job ID: 2217525
Location: HOUSTON, TX, United States
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Sys Safety Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Benefits: Click here
Job Title: SMAEC II - ISS Safety Panel Engineer
Perform engineering assessments and analyses on the International Space Station, Commercial Vehicles (manned and unmanned) payloads and experiments that are flown on International (e.g. Progress or Soyuz) or commercial vehicles (SpaceX, CST-100):
1) Identify and quantify risk;
2) Assure compliance with NASA safety requirements;
3) Provide detailed reports and recommendations for mitigation strategies;
4) Prepare and present technical presentations;
5) Participate in Safety Panel Reviews
6) Review flight documents, operational scenarios, and subsequent changes for safety impact;
7) Participate in associated meetings,
8) Provide real-time and post-flight engineering support for flight anomaly investigations;
9) Work with customers - NASA, Space Station contractors, and International Partners.
Required Education: BS degree in Engineering or related Science/Technical field (Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering preferred)
Must be a U.S. citizen and able to pass a public trust security clearance
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.