SAIC is seeking a highly motivated subject matter expert on Space Vehicle (SV) integration with existing and specialized ground systems within the Multi-Mission Space Operations Center (MMSOC) at Kirtland AFB, NM. The Space Vehicle Ground Control System Mission Integration Lead (MIL) will provide end-to-end tracking of a various mission partners’ (MP) space vehicles from pre-launch, thru launch and into stabilized sustainment for Space Systems Center. The MIL will provide process management and mission leadership for all SV integration requirements for the engineering, development, integration and sustainment (EDIS) of satellite ground command and control systems across multiple locations (primarily Kirtland AFB and Schriever SFB). The position is based out of Kirtland AFB and is on-site daily work location with approximately 20% travel required.
Tasks include management for Ground System Document (GSD) requirements, to match the SV with the ground system, thru various transition integration phases and ultimately into on-orbit sustainment. Provide overall governance based on existing ground system capabilities, integration requirements of new missions into an evolving ground infrastructure, implementation of new technology insertion (Cloud migration) and evolution of mission capabilities to meet end user requirements. The MIL ensures effective configuration control of the MMSOC technical baseline, refinement of Concept of Operations (CONOPS), architecture analysis, hardware/software development, Mission Unique Software (MUS)/APP integration and system testing, accreditation and certification (when required), transition to operations and sustainment activities. Duties include leading engineering support for all change impact assessment and subsequent government decision making and stakeholder integration.
- Lead the contractor effort for managing a new missions into the SSC ground control environment from initial government determination of support.
- Lead the integration based on the provision of current and evolving SV mission capabilities and successful execution of mission requirements utilizing SSC ground control systems.
- Ensure effective systems architecture change analysis to support mission integration, conduct impact assessments and verify prioritizations against stakeholder and customer requirements.
- Conduct effective technical baseline management and control, interface with CM team capture all documentation IAW the IDIQ CDRLs.
- Ensure effective integration of Cyber requirements into all relevant aspects of integration planning, decision making and execution.
- Support Cyber team in obtaining artifacts for IATT/ATC/ATO packages
- Work in an interactive team environment with Government customer leads, satellite developers, and other subject matter experts.
- Facilitate communications between Customer Program Office and contractor team and provide written daily and weekly status reports to customer program office.
- Participate Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings and coordinate with the government program manager and system engineer.
- Identify, communicate and lead program team to address and resolve technical and programmatic issues – track all risks, deficiencies and technical issues; support with root cause analysis (RCA).
- Conduct comprehensive risk and issue management programs for mission integration and ground system control – coordinate with program chief engineer.
- Support and monitor mission requirements (as they pertain to the ground system) integration satisfaction analysis - Participate in Engineering Review Boards (ERBs) and Configuration Control Boards (CCBs) to ensure systems support integration; adjudicate and resolve anomalies, support audits, inquiries, and investigations of processing, testing, or system failures.
- Assist in ensuring compliance to interfaces and standards or that appropriate deviations/waivers are in place.
- Implement effective stakeholder integration with other systems and/or within the family of systems, to include Cloud migration and disparate ground systems.
- Oversee all integration planning activities associated with the assigned missions and provide risk analysis to the government customer.
- Execution of integration and test planning for space C2 systems into the virtualized MMSOC (or the like) core network architecture.
- Provide status reporting to the government Program Manager / System Engineer for all ongoing and planned MMSOC mission integration activities. Provide written updates, minutes and critical milestones to the EDIS leadership and government PM.
- Develop and maintain an integrated master schedule (IMS) and track CLIN performance parameters IAW the performance work statement – coordinate critical path and dependencies with the IMS/EV lead.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field and sixteen (16) years of engineering experience.
- Master’s degree and fourteen (14) years of engineering experience.
- Five (5) years of SV integration and/or Satellite Ground System experience – open to discussion based on other equivalent experiences within the space systems environment.
- Five years of Systems engineering experience with DoD air/space vehicles – must understand military standards.
- Five years direct experience in space systems, space command and control, or equivalent relevant disciplines including industry (development Contractor), DoD or other Agency (NRO, NSA, NASA, etc.).
- Active Top Secret or DoE Q clearance within the last two (2) years and the ability to obtain and maintain an SCI clearance (have SCI eligibility) – must be eligible for SCI indoctrination within first 3 months of the job start date.
- Must have direct experience of leading the integration of complex integrated programs including government, contractor and stakeholder requirements.
- Experience with early life-cycle satellite engineering activities/milestones, satellite integration and test, and Launch and Initialization (L&I) and Launch and Early Orbit (LEO) activities.
- Experience with hardware and software systems – understand network diagrams.
- Familiar with Life Cycle Management, Risk Management, Requirements tractability and overall programmatics.
- MS Office Suite – strong ability to communicate program status; orally, written and visually.
- Aerospace or Systems Engineering bachelor’s degree. Masters in AE or SE a plus.
- Expert Systems Engineering Professional (ESEP) certification.
- Program Management Professional (PMP)
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 20%
Ability to flex program schedule, adjust to requirement shifts and provide overall program stability in a dynamic and fluid environment.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.