Job ID: 2217833
Location: HOUSTON, TX, United States
Date Posted: Jan 5, 2023
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Sys Safety Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
This position offers an exciting and challenging opportunity to support NASA’s Gateway program. As the Integrated Hazard Analysis (IHA) Electrical Power System (EPS), you will apply your knowledge and expertise of EPS safety requirements, processes, tools and products to develop mission level safety analyses of NASA human spaceflight missions. You will be responsible for ensuring the integrated mission design and proposed operations comply with all applicable Safety and Mission Assurance (S&MA) requirements, and that all flight safety risks have been identified, characterized and mitigated within the EPS hazard reports. Some travel to vendors, prime contractor sites, and/or vehicle processing centers may be required.
There is also an opportunity to serve as the SE&I Engineer which supports the maintenance of the Gateway Program safety design requirements baseline, and coordinates proposed changes. A SE&I Engineer also provides summaries of current issues and tasks with the Gateway Program technical SE&I and vehicle integration risks/areas of concern in the System Safety / Integration Status Report.
Specific tasks include:
- Support Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews of Gateway systems hardware, provide engineering evaluations against design and safety requirements.
-Serve as the EPS Author for the Gateway Integrated Hazard Analysis Reports
- Assure the technical adequacy of analyses developed for the Gateway Program.
- This position will require extensive oral and written interaction with high level customer personnel.
- Participate in the Gateway forums to provide S&MA engineering support in vehicle development.
-Provide technical engineering support to NASA Gateway Program Representatives to decision-making boards and panels.
- Review and assess safety analysis hazard reports, requirement non-compliances, and support programmatic safety reviews.
- Evaluate safety and mission assurance impacts of proposed engineering changes to Gateway hardware and processes.
- Assess Failure Modes and Effects Analyses and Critical Items for S&MA engineering for accuracy and completeness.
- Assess Gateway hardware Problem Reports to ensure that they capture safety and reliability issues.
Qualifications - External Education and Experience: - Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace) or STEM (e.g., Math, Physics)
- 10-15 years of experience in operations and/or engineering.
- Basic knowledge and use of personal computer with typical business software. - Excellent written and verbal communication skills are mandatory.
- Must be able to travel (minimal) and work shifts periodically.
- Systems Engineering experience is desired. Spacecraft vehicle and system knowledge is desired.
- NASA S&MA experience is desirable.
- Infrequent travel may be required.
-Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.