SAIC is seeking a Lead Cyber Engineer for the Department of Veterans Affairs Supply Chain Modernization program. VA requires a modern, comprehensive supply chain, equipment, and facilities management capability which is easy to use, integrated and intelligent. The cloud-based supply chain modernization and management solution will be used by ~50K users across the agency, securely integrated with enterprise VA IT systems, and deployed to 1000s of sites.
The candidate for this position may work anywhere in the United States. There is no requirement to work at a SAIC or customer site to support VA SCM.
This opportunity is pending award
The candidate for this position will
- Lead and direct security engineering teams in designing, implementing, and managing state-of-the art and “zero trust” solutions in a complex cloud-based production environment.
- Support independent security compliance teams in the performance of NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) assessment and accreditation (A&A) activities and in Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) resolution.
- Architect, plan, configure, deploy, and maintain, toolsets to address vulnerabilities and/or implement security controls.
- Analyze the security of applications and services; discovers, and addresses security issues; builds security automation; takes action to mitigate emerging threats throughout a full secure development lifecycle.
- Serve as security expert in application development, database design, network and/or platform (operating system) efforts; ensures project teams comply with enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations, and best practices.
- Ensure security architecture standards and solutions meet business objectives and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Provide a leadership role in the development, implementation and maintenance of consistent application and infrastructure architecture security programs.
- Evaluate third party products and services to verify that they meet security standards and will integrate seamlessly and securely into the IT computing architecture.
- Work collaboratively in a product-centric scaled Agile DevSecOps environment to transform customer environments into a more secure operating environment in a holistic manner, practicing continuous improvement.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors MIS, Cybersecurity, or other technical focus and 14 years or more of related experience; Masters and 12 years or more experience; PhD or JD and 9 years or more experience.
- 8 years combined IT and security work experience, with a broad exposure to application, infrastructure, network, and multiplatform environments
- Experience in achieving Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) Level of High for a program and championing and achieving an Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Experience implementing Zero Trust Architectures
- Experience working in a DevSecOps environment
- Knowledge of AWS cloud environment and services
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, able to communicate technical issues in terms of business risk with non-experts and senior leaders
- Ability to obtain a VA Position of Public Trust
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, DevSecOps, SAFe® or other modern software development methods/practices
- Knowledge of VA Policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of the Infor® Financials & Supply Management (FSM) platform
- Professional security certification: CISSP, CISM, GIAC, GWEB, or other similar credentials.
- Deep technical understanding of the OWASP Top 10
- Experience building/reviewing threat models, conducting security assessments, CI/CD pipeline automation, API design consuming service endpoints
Target salary range: $165,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.