SAIC has a new opportunity for a Systems Engineer in Fort Belvoir, VA to work within the Intelligence Community collaborating in the design, deployment and infrastructure maintenance of systems crucial to national security.
- Translates the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) G7 Modernization Branch’s operational intelligence requirements into modernized systems, applications or process designs for very large complex solutions and integrating architecture.
- Enhances INSCOM G7 systems modernization strategies, to include analysis of transition planning, intelligence information requirements, and develop architecture baselines.
- Leads development of systems integration, migration plans/schedules. Acts as an advocate for the INSCOM G7 MOD as the ultimate authority on the system architecture components designed to address INSCOM operational mission requirements.
- Supports material development and implementation of cloud native technologies and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) using virtualization
- Analyzes and resolves Information Assurance technical problems. Areas of focus include Cross Domain Solutions, Software Defined Networking, "Smart Cards", and emerging technologies and future trends. Supports the integration of Information Assurance solutions and technologies into networks with particular attention to protocols, interfaces, and system design.
- Conducts testing, record and analyze results, and provides recommendations for improvements for the products/systems under test.
- Interacts with system users to translate their requirements into systems and software requirements and design.
- Troubleshoot engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area of hardware, software, networks and virtualization.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; four (4) years of experience in lieu of degree
Required Security Clearance:
- TS/SCI Required security clearance
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and virtualization to include Desktops as a Service (DaaS), in particular cloud native technologies to include an understanding of Kubernetes and containers
- Experience in heterogeneous computer networking technology and familiarization with protocol and/or interface standards. Must have knowledge of TCP/IP, information security/authorization profiles, or security administration of Linux and Windows network/systems.
- Must be capable of providing security engineering analysis on a variety of information systems.
- Must be experienced in assessing evolving user needs, translating those needs into baseline changes through network reconfiguration, hardware and software acquisitions, installation and test.
- General experience includes system engineering; software engineering; program design and implementation; configuration management; or maintenance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.