SAIC is seeking a Configuration Analyst to support the US Navy in Crane, IN.
Note: This position will be mainly flexwork/telework/remote/work from home with some onsite travel to Crane Naval Base approximately twice a week.
- Assist in documenting and tracking all aspects of system development and modifications.
- Ensures configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness and proper authorizations.
- Prepares deviations and waivers for government approval when specifications cannot be met.
- Reviews all issued document change requests, document change notices and associated drawings for accuracy, completeness and proper signatures.
- May structure and maintain databases.
- Submits engineering changes to customers for review and approval; maintains records and submit reports regarding status.
- Prepares configuration verification audit record sheets for all programs.
- Insuring documents are in the standard department SOP format.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- HS/GED and six (6) years’ experience; OR Associates and four (4) years’ experience; OR Bachelors and two (2) years’ experience.
- Prefer experience in configuration management.
- Experience and clearly demonstrated skillset can be used in lieu of the educational requirement.
- Good communication skills to work closely with customer and vendors.
- Good writing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office software Excel and Word.
- Thorough knowledge of the Naval Aviation Configuration Management process, (NACMED and Technical Directive Training)
- Be able to review and provide Logistics input to the drawing revisions (should have basic knowledge of reading drawings).
- Ability to determine specific Logistics support requirements for Engineering Change Proposals and Technical Directives as they are developed.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Full DoD Secret Clearance.
- Be familiar with the PEMA and how to access the Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) via the PEMA or the NATEC Website.
- Knowledge of NATEC website. Knowledge of the Joint Deficiency Reporting System (JDRS) and have permissions to submit the TPDRs (DR Submitter Role).
- Knowledge of Deckplate website (Run Technical Directive Compliance Reports) and how to analyze the data and translate to the reports.
- Knowledge of iPDM to look up current documentation and ensure accurate information.
- Knowledge of process to submit design changes and procurement of new parts/components.
- Experience establishing nomenclatures and type designators for new parts and systems via the Joint Electronic Type Designation Assignment System (JETDAS) website.
- Knowledge of One Touch/Haystack/FedLog to look up Supply status.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.