SAIC is seeking an Environmental Analyst located in Fallon, NV.
Note: Sign-on bonus up to a maximum of $10,000.
- Support environmental planning documentation for training activities. Monitor and track implementation of environmental requirements associated with range/OPAREA activities to ensure environmental requirements are identified to support evolving and emerging required range capabilities, which includes monitoring environmental assessment and permit compliance thresholds in DCAST and maintaining Terrestrial Mitigation Tool.
- Support identifying emerging environmental / encroachment challenges on fleet training mission. Support regional encroachment management team in addressing issues impacting fleet training or which can affect mission readiness.
- Support data collection for range sustainment projects such as environmental planning (EIS/OEIS), RCMPs, RCAs, marine mammal reporting, which includes monitoring data in DCAST.
- Coordinate between NAS Fallon, PACFLT environmental and range staff, USN region, and REC; local range management and scheduling authorities; user communities; and service providers.
- Support development and review of other fleet range sustainment projects, such as range condition assessment (RCA) updates, environmental compliance and planning documents.
- Participate in oversight of fleet range sustainment programs.
- Work closely with PACFLT N7 Environmental / Encroachment Leads.
- Other duties as designated in support of environmental training operations.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in engineering, physical science, environmental (or related field).
- Experience with the regulations of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Executive Order 12114 (Environmental Effects Abroad of Major Federal Actions), the Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA) and the Endangered Species Act (ESA).
- Experience developing, preparing and reviewing NEPA documents, such as OEIS, EIS, EA, CATEX etc.
- Experience coordinating with other DoD commands or other State and Federal agencies.
- Desired Staff experience in USN Fleet training, operational planning and exercise implementation.
- Desired Experience in airspace management policy, oceanic and special use airspace, and range management.
- Desired Experience in encroachment, environmental and other range sustainment issues that can affect mission readiness.
- Must have the ability to obtain an Interim Secret to start with the ability to obtain and maintain an Active Secret clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.