SAIC is seeking an experienced, dynamic, motivated, client-focused Cloud Migration Task Order Manager (TOM) to support the engineering, development, integration and sustainment of numerous satellite ground systems and the migration of those systems to the cloud. The TOM will report directly to the program’s deputy program manager and under the oversight of our cloud architect, will assist in the implementation of transitioning on-premises servers to a Cloud-based environment. The TOM will use discretionary judgment within known parameters to direct the work of a team to install, maintain, and support basic to moderately complex systems using cloud technologies and principles.
- Capture system requirements and develop system baselines
- Conduct full lifecycle engineering reviews including System Requirements (SSRs) and System Design Reviews (SDRs), Preliminary (PDRs) and Critical Design Reviews (CDRs), etc.
- Support and participate in system Configuration Management process including Engineering Change Proposal, Engineering Review Board/Configuration Control Boards (ECP, ERB/CCB)
- Identify system development risks, construct risk management plan and risk mitigation approaches
- Analyze current on-prem infrastructure and existing applications and identify which systems will be migrated and which systems require retirement, refactoring, replacement, and/or rehosting
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve instance, software, and network-related cloud issues
- Identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information through analysis of project-related data for the development of project deliverables
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems
- Confer with clients regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs the project is to address
- Serve as a technical resource to clients during the implementation and ongoing maintenance of cloud-related technologies and computing
- Respond to and resolve issues reported by employees by debugging, performing root cause analysis, and working closely with internal and external support teams
- Work with the Systems Test Team to ensure proper requirement Verification and Validation methodology and execution, including determining test strategy and coverage based on a technical risk assessment for each use case or functionality.
- Provide subject matter expertise on cloud services, automation, and security
- Migrates on-prem systems to a cloud platform in a manner that optimizes the use of cloud technologies and computing (not simply lift-and-shift)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline and 9 years or more relevant experience; Master’s degree in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline and 7 years or more relevant experience
- Active DoD Top Secret or DOE Q clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the areas of systems development, engineering and acquisition
- Minimum 2 years of experience with cloud technologies and migration for a government agency
- Familiarity with model-based systems engineering and tools, such as Cameo
- Familiarity with online collaboration tools, such as Jira and Confluence
- Demonstrated success managing projects to budget and schedule
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to describe complex technical issues in a concise and user-friendly manner
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge in Requirements Management, Quality Control, and Configuration Management
- Knowledge of systems engineering processes, methods, tools, and program roles to develop, implement, and deploy solutions for Satellite Ground Equipment/Systems
- Familiar with systems engineering standards such as IEEE 15288 and INCOSE
- Project Management Professional certification
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.