Job ID: 2217293
Location: MONTGOMERY, AL, United States
Date Posted: Nov 22, 2022
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Cloud Comp Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a highly motivated Cloud Security Engineer to join our Cloud One DevOps IL6 team. The Air Force Cloud One Program is a cloud based infrastructure that hosts mission systems, applications, services, and data in support of Air Force and other DoD agencies. Cloud One incorporates the capabilities of Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) and DevSecOps to provide common services and facilitate cloud application migrations to IL-4, IL-5 and IL-6 (NIPRNet / SIPRNet) AWS and Azure cloud environments.
The candidate will work with Cybersecurity to develop and administer security programs for Cloud One application and service infrastructures. Study and implement federal security regulations that apply to company operations. Obtain rulings, interpretations, and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations from government agencies. Prepare technical documentation outlining procedures for new and existing security solutions. Conduct security audits and remediate as required. Investigate security violations and prepare reports specifying preventive action to be taken. Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems across a wide range of technologies. Self-starter that requires only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Strong time management skills and ability to arrange own activities in accomplishing objectives on time. Comfortable presenting completed work for peer review and supervisor approval. Represent the organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination across differing organizations and time zones.
This candidate will be required to perform duties necessary to operate and sustain an AWS and Azure cloud environments:
· Operate or modify AWS and Azure cloud environments to support application requirements
· Provide support to the enterprise level DISN network and all components of the DISN to include troubleshooting the CAP and IAP connections
· Active Directory services: monitoring, backup, restore, patching and security assessments
· Anti-virus configuration and management: install, update, monitor, audit, and provide remediation as required
· Configure, manage, backup, and restore cloud services as required
· Domain Name Server (DNS); configure and manage cloud environments as provided by the customer
· Active-Active (AA) disaster recovery architecture: planning, testing and execution of the managed disaster recovery solution encompassing applications, systems and environments
· Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP)/Certificate Revocation List: configure and manage
· Maintain external-facing firewall, IPS, IDS, load balancers and other network boundary components
· Patching: OS and Database level
Interim Secret Clearance with ability to obtain an active Secret Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). Note: Top Secret meets SSBI requirements.
Security + or higher Certification
· Infrastructure as code
· Code driven development
· Supporting USAF or USA software development projects
· Agile, Scrum, SAFe, ITIL, or other modern software development methods/practices
· Automation resourcing
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. In lieu of a degree an additional four (4) years of experience is required
· AWS Solutions Architect Professional certification, or any other AWS Professional level certification
Azure Architect or Engineer level certifications such as AZ-500 or SC-100 or above
· DevOps related experience and certifications
· Experience supporting IaaS and PaaS upgrades and migrations
· IAT II Certification or equivalent (ex. Security+)
· IAT III Certification or equivalent (ex. CISSP)
· Experience with Cloud Service Providers such as AWS/Azure and enterprise level experience required.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.