SAIC is looking for an experienced, qualified and self-motivated system administrator/network engineer with a background in configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting cross-domain systems. The successful candidate will work within a cross-functional team to provide hands-on experience designing, installing, configuring, monitoring and maintaining enterprise systems. The candidate must have a team-oriented and customer-focused attitude to support multiple locations and various end users.
Primary duties may include:
- Oversee the execution of security measures called out in the security plan to include timely scans of network resources and software patches
- Provide effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of production Linux Servers in a VMWare Virtualized Environment
- Installation, configuration, and removal of switches, routers, firewalls, Compunetix MVP bridges and telephones in operational and test lab environments
- Apply knowledge of enterprise system monitoring and management tools to perform daily system monitoring, security, check server health, resources and log management of Linux and Windows systems and analyze network activity and problems
- Apply DISA STIG compliance controls to secure systems
- Troubleshooting and performing root cause analysis. This includes troubleshooting any and all issues with system configurations, backups, files systems, and user access.
- Support RHEL platforms hosting applications, operations and sustainment systems, and ACAS and other security tools
- Troubleshoot hardware, networking and software problems in multi-node environment
- Configure and install operating system and application software on bare-metal computers, virtual machines or containers
- Be available for on-call support to troubleshoot issues impacting operations
- Provide the customer technical guidance and direction in the design and implementation of network solutions using advanced understanding of network theory and maintaining specific enterprise network architecture
- Provide high-level technical advice and guidance to managers and technical resources through which network technologies can be utilized to meet current and future organizational needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation and updates
- Must possess and be able to maintain an active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with 9 + years of experience. Four years of experience will be accepted in lieu of education.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience focused on Linux/UNIX system administration
- DOD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification required (such as CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, CND, or SSCPy)
- Direct experience with network topology, data flows, firewalls, routers and switches
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, remote desktop, remote computer management or equivalent
- Familiarity with Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco routers and switches, WireShark, and CommVault
- Experience in IP-based telephony and Compunetix telephone systems
- Ability to problem solve and think critically sometimes independent of significant experience or documentation of the problem area
- Seasoned communicator with demonstrated record of success in leadership, followership, and working with contract representatives and government sponsors
- Project management skills
Target salary range: $125,001 - $135,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.