JOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC’s National Security and Space (NSS) Sector is seeking Systems Engineers to develop and decompose requirements, develop interface control documents (ICDs), and define the Service Architectures within Cameo SysML models. This position can be supported from any of the following primary work locations and requires a TS/SCI with poly minimum.
- Define and document policies, procedures, guidance, and best practices regarding use of modeling languages and frameworks
- Develop an organized repeatable approach, methodology, language, and style that enables elements usage with a model and sharing between model development projects
- Develop modeling methods driven by Digital Engineering and Systems Engineering objectives
- Develop documentation for how to integrate model with the Enterprise
- Gather, document, and share systems engineering lessons learned throughout the organization
- Frequent interaction with government, SETA, FFRDC, external stakeholders, and development contractors
- Develop models using existing Modeling Methodologies and Ontologies
- Develop and enforce modeling best practices and support quality reviews for models
- Develop Model structure and Data Management principles
- Support knowledge Management by documenting MBSE tools usage and training guides
- Generate reports out of the MBSE tools for analysis
- Prepare briefings for senior decision makers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph (or ability to obtain CI poly)
- Experience with Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and architecture frameworks such as Unified Architecture Framework (UAF)
- Experience with Digital Engineering tools and procedures
- Working knowledge of systems engineering documentation to include concepts of operations, interface control documents, and verification and test
- Ability to provide technical and programmatic direction on the development, integration, and use of model-based engineering and model-based systems engineering models
- Knowledge of fundamental model development and its application to architecture or system design
- Experience with process improvement and metric development initiatives
- Experience developing and using Modeling Methodologies and Ontologies
- Understanding of modeling best practices and quality management processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player requiring collaboration to establish priorities, open communication, and willingness to work in a pair-programming style collaborative work environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Launch Experience Preferred
- Advanced degree in STEM (science, technical, engineering, math) or related discipline with emphasis on MBSE
- Experience in modeling tools (Rhapsody or Cameo), Requirements Management Tools (IBM Rational DOORS Next) and modeling frameworks (UAF) and languages (SysML, UML)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.