SAIC is looking to hire a Scrum Master to support the Product Development team located in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Note: candidate must reside or be wiling to relocate to Colorado Springs with no telework options.
- Supports the team rules – Responsible for reinforcing Agile team rules. These may include the rules of Scrum, Built-In Quality practices from Extreme Programming (XP), Work in Process (WIP) limits from Kanban, and any other process rules the team has agreed on.
- Facilitates the team’s progress toward team goals – The Scrum Master is trained as a team facilitator and is continuously engaged in challenging the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity. They help the team focus on daily and Iteration Goals in the context of current Program Increment (PI) Objectives.
- Leads team efforts in relentless improvement – Helps the team improve and take responsibility for their actions; facilitates the team retrospective. Teaches problem-solving techniques and helps the team become better problem-solvers for themselves.
- Supports the Product Owner – The Scrum Master helps the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
- Eliminates impediments – Many blocking issues will be beyond the team’s authority or may require support from other teams. The Scrum Master actively addresses these issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the Iteration.
- Protects and communicates – Communicates with management and outside stakeholders; helps protect the team from uncontrolled expansion of work.
- Coordinates with other teams – The Scrum Master is typically the representative in the Scrum of Scrums (SoS) meeting, and they pass information from that meeting back to the team. They often coordinate with the System Team, User Experience, Architecture, and Shared Services.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Must have an Active Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SCI and willing to take a CI Polygraph.
Demonstrated experience in the following scrum activities:
- Scheduling and facilitating scrum events, meetings, decision-making process, and help resolve conflicts and issues
- Monitoring progress and performance, and assist teams to make improvements
- Helping product owners and development teams achieve customer satisfaction
- Leading working sessions with product owners to review and determine requirements, scope, and schedule constraints
- Guiding and coaching Scrum Teams in using Agile Methodology and Scrum practices
- Implementing Scaled Agile Frameworks into multiple high value IT delivery projects
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.