SAIC is seeking a DevSecOps Engineer to join a dynamic Agile team that enjoys the challenge of utilizing the latest technologies to implement state-of-the-art systems for an enterprise IT as a Service program. The DevSecOps Engineer has a proven track record in development, problem-solving, and deploying applications, can work in multiple disciplines, manage multiple priorities and projects, and is a self-starting individual. The candidate should have experience building CI/CD pipelines, automating infrastructures as code (IaC), and containerization throughout the enterprise architecture. This position allows 100% remote work.
The DevSecOps Engineer contributes to developing next-generation technology for an enterprise cloud platform architecture for IT service management. You will be part of a team responsible for designing, enhancing, and implementing practical and scalable solutions for integration with Cloud and on-premises environments. The candidate will work across multiple organizations of software and IT engineers to build high-performance, Cloud-based solutions. You will participate in all development life cycle phases as a member of an Agile team. The candidate should have strong analytical skills, including developing, implementing, understanding, and executing activities around dynamic systems, network analysis, and a desire to learn.
- Design, develop, plan, implement, and maintain Cloud DevSecOps processes across multiple technical organizations, instantiating systems, applications, and infrastructure against business requirements.
- Guide development teams in bringing new services and applications into the CI/CD pipeline, troubleshoot installations and build automated deployments of products into a high-security architecture.
- Collaborates effectively with the IA Security team to ensure designed deployments and solutions adhere to security requirements.
- Engage as part of an Agile team and individually in an Enterprise program to implement scalable DevSecOps solutions in a secure DOD environment for a significant military customer.
- Effectively documents preliminary and detailed designs necessary for new builds, enhancements, or modifications of solution components.
- Engages with the Product Owners and program stakeholders to develop acceptance criteria for features and user stories to meet business requirements. Actively participates in SAFe Agile ceremonies.
- Participates in structured walkthroughs, secure coding, and technical reviews, ensuring automation designs, coding, and scalable solutions follow secure and industry best practice design principles.
- Provides technical leadership and effectively communicates across diverse technical organizations, including reporting project status and leadership reviews.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years of more experience.
- Excellent understanding of DevSecOps techniques and processes, guide integration of various tools in DevSecOps processes (GitLab/GitHub, SonarQube, Jenkins, Selenium, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, and containerization).
- Experience managing systems in Cloud technologies, AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle, or IBM.
- Candidate must demonstrate knowledge of developing integration framework/platforms for Cloud and on-premises systems, understanding of integration architectures, design patterns, and enterprise software development, including source control, build/release tools and methodologies, repositories, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience developing Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Configuration as Code (CaC), Linux and Windows scripting (Bash, Python, PowerShell), application development (Java, C#, SQL, NoSQL), and containerization (Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, and Helm).
- Experience in system administration (Linux, Windows), managing and implementing servers, services for automation infrastructure, containerization, and MFA.
- Candidate must demonstrate ability with troubleshooting skills and focus on resolving complex technical issues.
- Experience collaborating with technical teams to develop and gather requirements, designing, documenting, and implementing complex enterprise automation applications.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret and translate business needs into application and operational requirements.
- Comfortable working 100% remote and in highly matrixed environments, must be a self-starter.
- BS/BA in Engineering, Science, STEM field, similarly qualified discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Security+, CISSP, or equivalent.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- U.S. citizen.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience implementing DevSecOps in a high-security environment.
- Proficiency has shown in IaC, CaC, infrastructure automation, and scaling.
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or both.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.