SAIC is seeking a Senior Software Architect to assess and analyze software development activities and implementation. The position functions as a strategic advisor to Senior Government Customers and must have recent industry experience in designing, building and executing software architecture strategies. This position is located in Chantilly, VA supporting the Landmark AOS program. LANDMARK AOS is a large SETA contract responsible for the complete end-to-end life cycle of the customer's Ground Enterprise.
- Review, assess and inform future contract designs, ground system architectures and cloud modernization efforts
- Create, review and assess architecture roadmaps to drive improvements, adjustments and frame technical standards
- Translate and communicate strategic architecture visions into implementation level guidance for delivery teams
- Work with delivery teams to address architecture, integration and technical issues, and in some instances lead the technical implementation of the solution architecture
- Lead complex projects/issues that require in-depth software solution delivery and integration
- Collaborate with delivery teams to review implementation plans, develop solutions, and advise on practical software implementations
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders in integrated product teams that include government and contractor members
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to disseminate findings, guidance, and information to a wide audience
- Active TS/SCI with a Polygraph
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience (relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree)
- 5 + years software development and architecting experience
- Software-based solutions experience leveraging software infrastructure and platforms, architecting, developing and deploying systems and applications
- Experience using Agile and DevSecOps strategies, methods, environments, and tools for incremental deliveries
- Experience in building and managing Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines, along with orchestrator tools e.g., Jenkins, Maven, Ant, or similar CI/CD orchestrator tool(s)
- Experience with Agile software systems engineering processes including requirements development (e.g., Epic, Feature, Story), configuration management, automated testing, and documentation
- Experience with model-based or digital engineering concepts and tools
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or GovCloud
- Experience with Agile tools (Atlassian – Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Zephyr, etc.)
- Strong organizational, time-management, and verbal / written communication skills, able to convey information across multiple customer and corporate audiences
- Advanced degree from an accredited institution
- Familiarity with IC and/or DoD ground or space architectures, systems, and/or operations
- Capability to adapt to fluid situations and prioritize tasking in a dynamic environment
- Ability to distill complex problems into digestible structures/formats
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.