SAIC has an opportunity for a skilled cloud site reliability engineer who wants to take their strong track record to the next level, supporting the migration and integration of complex software systems to AWS GovCloud (US) and on-premises private cloud infrastructures, in support of our clients within the Department of Veterans Affairs Corporate Portfolio.
- Manage our client's Test and Production DevSecOps infrastructure in the AWS GovCloud. Focusing on security, scalability, and resiliency, our Site Reliability Engineers build and maintain tooling to make code and configuration deployments self-service for our Development and Quality Assurance teams.
- You will collaborate with the Development and Operations teams to implement the infrastructure required for deploying scalable and reliable applications in the cloud, while routinely conducting preventive and adaptive maintenance to increase security, performance, and reliability.
- You will partner with engineering and product managers to translate business and technical requirements into architectural designs and feature releases.
- You will implement big visible charts to graphically present key metrics and measures that keep teams focused on what needs their attention and to promote transparency.
- You will routinely stress test your systems to expose weaknesses in both infrastructure and applications.
Skills and experience for this role include, and are not limited to:
- Delivery in an Agile, Lean, SAFe-based environment utilizing DevSecOps, ARTs, CI/CD, and related processes, methodologies, and concepts.
- Experience with development, support, and sustainment of the following technologies and services that are currently utilized by the applications to be migrated from MAX.gov to VA's AWS cloud, and the ability to perform upgrading to newer versions/newer technologies that will be required as part of the migration effort, to include utilization of AWS services and components:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) components, tools, architecture, setup, configuration, development, integration, migration, maintenance, sustainment, and support, with emphasis on Government cloud environments
- Object Oriented Programming within a delivery team, as well as worked on a DevOps team that supported a set of engineers
- Declarative Infrastructure as Code tools Cloud-based build and deployment pipelines, Infrastructure-as-Code, Kubernetes, Jenkins/CloudBees, Python, Puppet, Terraform, Docker, as well as Enterprise DevOps or similar shared service team experience
- Linux/Unix environments and supporting production enterprise applications
- Experience with Prometheus and Grafana or other monitoring tools
- Experience with cloud deployments and cluster resource management within AWS GovCloud, including monitoring systems, logging, and security implementation
- Experience utilizing software development processes and code management tools and processes
- Knowledge of DevOps Engineering Processes and Operations & Management (O&M)
- Ability to conduct in-depth triage, troubleshooting, and forensics across all facets of the cloud stack while executing processes corrective action and continual service improvement.
Additional Technologies include:
- PostgreSQL , 9.3.x DBMS
- Angular Command Line Interface (CLI) , 13.2.x, Development Tool
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) , 7.x, Operating System
- GitLab Community Edition (CE) , 13.7.x, Middleware: Systems Management Tool
- Visual Studio Code (VS Code) , 1.x, Middleware: Application and Web Server Software
- Microsoft Windows Server , 2012, Server Operating System.
- Fourteen (14) years of experience and a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
- 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Extensive experience, knowledge, and capability to design, code, test, debug and document software in a variety of programming languages and environments, especially within Government cloud environments.
- Has the knowledge of the latest programming languages and techniques.
- Has extensive experience in creating strategies for developing IT systems and applications. Has experience in evaluating alternative approaches and selecting optimal approaches.
- Ability to obtain a VA Position of Public Trust - Medium Background Investigation (MBI).
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.