SAIC is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to support our customer within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E)) by providing administrative expertise, budget execution and financial management. This position is located in Arlington, VA and will be hybrid remote.
This position will help inform senior OUSD(R&E) leadership decision-making to effect real change in the organization. This support includes all aspects of the Department of Defense (DoD) Planning, Programming, Budgeting & Execution (PPBE) process, assistance with contract management, operational execution of funds, analysis of budgetary data and alignment of program and financial data. The ideal candidate must be skilled at communicating and collaborating with government personnel ranging from action officer to senior leader levels, including civilian and military.
- Track budget and contract financial data in support of program operations.
- Monitor current year and prior year obligations incurred and the actual expenditures of budgets.
- Develop and maintain organizational financial databases.
- Record program commitments, obligations, and expenditures in accordance with DoD Benchmarks and provide quarterly financial status reports.
- Maintain cognizance of various program funds and provide financial information and program performance presentations for senior leadership.
- Assist in the reconciliation of accounts and resolution of discrepancies.
- Assist in the tracking and management of contract actions.
- Assist in preparing acquisition packages to include Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCEs) and other supporting documentation.
- Oversee records management for individual programs via SharePoint and shared drive folders.
- Coordinate financial issues, program tasks, and data requests for senior leader decision and information briefings.
- Conduct research and analysis to inform responses to Congressional queries.
- Apply financial analysis methodologies to government client budget data.
- Provide insight into the costs of major organizational programs to enable responsible budgeting and proactive management decisions to achieve cost savings.
- Perform budget formulation work involving preparation of detailed analyses and estimates of funding needs.
- Collaborate with government clients and organizational stakeholders to review strategy for fiscal year budget and program planning.
- Facilitate budget operations, including: coordinating and attending financial management meetings; hosting informational training sessions and database briefings; and implementing updates for financial reporting systems, as required.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or accounting and ten (10) years or more related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience; PhD or JD and five (5) years or more experience
- Active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- US citizenship required
- Strong knowledge of the Department of Defense (DoD) Planning, Programming, Budgeting & Execution (PPBE) process, Interagency Agreements (IAAs), Purchase Requests (PRs), and/or Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPRs)
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and handle multiple lines of effort simultaneously
- Ability to anticipate problems and develop sound solutions and action plans to ensure program/mission accomplishments
- Knowledge of commonly used budgetary methods, practices, procedures, regulations, policies, and processes
- Applied understanding of actions required across functional areas (e.g., programmatic, contractual, financial) needed for contract management
- Skill in gathering, assembling, and analyzing accounting reports, program status reports, planning or scheduling documents
- Advanced skills with MS Office tools, particularly MS Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Master’s degree in business administration (MBA), finance, or accounting
- Familiarity with Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI) and/or G-Invoicing
- Experience working in DoD, especially Washington Headquarters Services (WHS)
- CDFM, CDFM-A, CGFM or other certification
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.